Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Resident for 15 Years but Live and Work Abroad

Dear All,

As the title says, I have been a permanent resident for 15 years now but I have never spent more than 2 consecutive months in the US. I work and live abroad. I come to the US about two times every year. My question is the following:
    Can I apply for US Citizenship?

Thanks.

TT

Dear All,

As the title says, I have been a permanent resident for 15 years now but I have never spent more than 2 consecutive months in the US. I work and live abroad. I come to the US about two times every year. My question is the following:
    Can I apply for US Citizenship?

Thanks.

TT

Comment

NO!!! You're a LPR in name only. You have been very, very lucky to get through customs without any problems.

Go here to find out more info on naturalization:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/si...CM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Comment

But yes, provided that the OP has had an approved N-470 application and can overcome such other hurdles as being employed by a US firm, company or corporation, and has resided (or would reside) for a continuous period of one year on US soil before filing an N-400. An immigration attorney's advice is a must in this case.

Comment

No, you cannot even apply. You are not a legal permanent resident. If you apply, you will be placed in removal proceedings.

Comment

let's remove him! let's remove him! let's remove him! TODAY!!! dumbass, he became a legal resident only to live in a cesspool abroad. What's wrong with these wishy washy morons? double dipping maybe?

Comment

Working...
            X