VWP / Visa application question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWP / Visa application question

I am a naturalized UK citizen and had traveled to the US few times under Visa Waiver Program. Before becoming a UK national, I was an Indian citizen and held Indian passport. Now I don't hold the Indian passport as I had given up my Indian citizenship. I was denied F-1 visa few years ago in India when I was holding Indian passport.

When I traveled to the US under VWP, I didn't disclose about the visa refusal in India to the question on the I-94W form at the POE. Now I want to apply H-1 visa with my UK passport at the embassy and have concern about the question on the visa application asking about any previous visa refusals.

If I disclose about the previous visa refusal in India, will the fact that I didn't disclose this on the I-94W form previously affect my application? Or don't I have to disclose the refusal at all as I have a new nationality now and my circumstances have changed?
    Any comments are appreciated. Thank you all.

I am a naturalized UK citizen and had traveled to the US few times under Visa Waiver Program. Before becoming a UK national, I was an Indian citizen and held Indian passport. Now I don't hold the Indian passport as I had given up my Indian citizenship. I was denied F-1 visa few years ago in India when I was holding Indian passport.

When I traveled to the US under VWP, I didn't disclose about the visa refusal in India to the question on the I-94W form at the POE. Now I want to apply H-1 visa with my UK passport at the embassy and have concern about the question on the visa application asking about any previous visa refusals.

If I disclose about the previous visa refusal in India, will the fact that I didn't disclose this on the I-94W form previously affect my application? Or don't I have to disclose the refusal at all as I have a new nationality now and my circumstances have changed?
    Any comments are appreciated. Thank you all.

Comment

when you are refused at a POE, they give you a signed declaration, even with a new passport and different number, your name is on file, with the INS, this could affect your application as you didnt tell them you were turned away on your I-94

Comment

anon: Thanks for the comments.

I wasn't refused admission at the POE. I have been allowed in without any problem all the times I arrived.

Now my dilemma is whether I should disclose my previous visa refusal in India on my visa application at the embassy now. If I disclose this, whether the fact that I didn't disclose it on I-94W at the POE will have any affect on my application? Or if I don't disclose on the application, will it be ok since my nationality has changed.

What's the penalty if I don't disclose and the consul finds about it? The visa refusal was more than 8 years ago.

Comment

You forgot your birthday certificate: place and date of birthday can be verified even if your first and last name is written in different way than when you applied before. Sorry.

Comment

My name has not changed. Only my nationality has changed, all other details are same as before.

Should I disclose the previous F-1 visa refusal on the visa application now? I didn't disclose this on the the I-94W during my previous travel and admission into US unnder VWP.

Does it matter now as I hold different nationality passport?

Comment

Working...
            X