I-751 and Tax Returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 and Tax Returns

Hi everybody! I have to file I-751 in April 2013, but according to our 2011 and 2012 tax returns me and my husband will have only about $15,000 jointly for each year. We also have a son. He was my sponsor when we filed for my conditional green card, he had enough income at that time.
    Do we have to ask an additional person to be my sponsor this time for I-751? My husband can also file 1099. And how much income do we have to file this year to have enough for the family of 3?
    Thank you
    Last edited by milky; 01-26-2013, 12:10 PM.

I wanna say no. I think for I-751 they just want need the tax returns to see that you guys are still married, hence your marriage that granted you green card is bona fide. I don't think they will now look at if your USC spouse can support you, and whether he meets the 125% above poverty line. I think. Good luck!
    Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

My wife's i751 was approved and we did not send in tax returns. If you have other docs such as deeds, life insurance purchase of items that span the marriage you should be fine

Comment

There is no income requirement for I-751. The only point of the I-751 is to prove you are in a bonafide marriage.

Comment

Working...
        X