Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 relative of H1B

Somebody help me, please !

I have a H1B visa since 2001. Can I invite my mother here, in US for a 2-3 months visit ?

Thank you, Nunuta

Somebody help me, please !

I have a H1B visa since 2001. Can I invite my mother here, in US for a 2-3 months visit ?

Thank you, Nunuta

Comment

I am not sure how you can influence the consular officer even if you show affidavit of support and other documents.It is only your mother who could get the approval on her merits like having documents to show properties,etc, even her age can be part of the consideration and it is tehre maybe you can "help" by buying her an health insurance for her use ,just in case, here in the US.

Comment

You can invite anyone, but an invitation does not bestow any status or exemption from US laws/regulations. The person(s) still have to qualify for the type of visa they are seeking. In your case, the consular folks must be convinced that your mom will return to wherever after a visit of appropriate duration and not remain in the US. Health insurance has nothing to do with this decision. If you are an only child and your mom is divorced or widowed, it could make it more difficult for her (because her emotional ties to family (you) would be residing in the US).

Comment

Ask nicely an American to send her an invitation.
          It worked for me!

Comment

Working...
          X