Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls Help - What Should I Do To Go To USA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help - What Should I Do To Go To USA?

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if you can help with my predicament.

I am a Copywriter/Visualiser with a Bachelors in English. I have worked as a Medical Transcriptionist for 7 years and now am working as a Copywriter/Visualizer for 3 years. I'm 29. I've my sis settled with her family in US. Both my sister and brother-in-law are H1 visa holders. Their daughter is a US born. They are ready to help me, but I don't know how to go about it. My interests and passion lie in Writing/Media. Should i study more... what to do... no clue.

Thanks.

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate if you can help with my predicament.

I am a Copywriter/Visualiser with a Bachelors in English. I have worked as a Medical Transcriptionist for 7 years and now am working as a Copywriter/Visualizer for 3 years. I'm 29. I've my sis settled with her family in US. Both my sister and brother-in-law are H1 visa holders. Their daughter is a US born. They are ready to help me, but I don't know how to go about it. My interests and passion lie in Writing/Media. Should i study more... what to do... no clue.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Davidk,

Until your sister becomes a US Citizen, there's no chance of her sponsoring you for immigration here:

Immigration through a Family Member

Even if and when she becomes a USC, you'll be in the 4th preference category meaning a long wait (years) for the visa number to become available.

The remaining options are marriage to a USC or via a work visa, H1 or L1 or further study on a J1 or F1 visa. Right now the economy is not good here so the chance of a work visa is slim. Good luck.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. If you don't mind, can I follow up with another query?!

I understand I need to study more and that is the chance I have. For that, i need to know what should I study... as you would've read above, I'm a copywriter and an ex-medical transcriptionist, what should I study along similar lines to land a job in US?

I know its too vague a question, but if you can throw some light on it, I would be glad.

Thanks.

Comment

You should come here as soon as possible for the upcoming amnesty. Your wait to be sponsored as a family member will be at least 20 years.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
            Even if and when she becomes a USC, you'll be in the 4th preference category meaning a long wait (years) for the visa number to become available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How long is that wait nowadays? I thought about petitioning for my brother, but he doesn't seem to be interested, so I am not going to do it, but I just want to let him now about the wait period, because come one day he wants it, I want to remind him "I told you so..."
            SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Comment

Illegal is the way to go. Be here for the amnesty.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                Minimum is 10 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not my problem. It'll be too late when he changes his mind.

Comment

Just sneak across our borders or commit fraud to obtain a visa, then, after you arrive in MY country, please contact Proud USC....she runs a business that caters to illegal aliens....she'll be happy to hire you for $5 a day, maybe even $10, depending on your education and experience....don't worry, she'll never report you to our authorities...she's far too interested in making some extra money in exchange for your cheap labor.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                    Just sneak across our borders or commit fraud to obtain a visa, then, after you arrive in MY country, please contact Proud USC....she runs a business that caters to illegal aliens....she'll be happy to hire you for $5 a day, maybe even $10, depending on your education and experience....don't worry, she'll never report you to our authorities...she's far too interested in making some extra money in exchange for your cheap labor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go away, S12. You're drivel is getting boring.

Comment

Have a Barney Frank moment Proudie “Sir, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it”
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                        Have a Barney Frank moment Proudie “Sir, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. There's just no point in it” </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, Brittie. Ignore button is sounding better and better - lol!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bushmaster:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                          Minimum is 10 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not my problem. It'll be too late when he changes his mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Sir. I don't want to sneak in. I'm not looking to do a crime or cheap labor either. I'm a proud man and I just wanted to know how to go about coming to USA in a legal manner. I sought help on rules and regulations and things I might need to know.

"YOUR" country is the most powerful in the world and I respect that fact and your pride.

I come from a part of the world where we earn respect and don't demand one.

Good Day.

Thanks.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Sorry, no luck for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X