Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstay less than 180 days

Hello,

I am not sure whether this question has been asked before but I am a bit confused about the laws concerning people who overstay in the US. If it's an overstay of less than 180 days, will that affect the person's application for a visa to come back to the US in the future? And also does it affect any pending petition that has been made for that person? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello,

I am not sure whether this question has been asked before but I am a bit confused about the laws concerning people who overstay in the US. If it's an overstay of less than 180 days, will that affect the person's application for a visa to come back to the US in the future? And also does it affect any pending petition that has been made for that person? Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

10 year bar

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CAdreamz:
        If it's an overstay of less than 180 days, will that affect the person's application for a visa to come back to the US in the future </div></BLOCKQUOTE> There is no formal ban for an overstay of less than 180 days.
        But - YES, it will affect future application for visa as that person has shown she/he doesn't respect the rules of the game. It takes even less not to get tourist visa approved.
        If one, in similar situation, travels on VWP, he/she may be denied entry.
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CAdreamz:
        And also does it affect any pending petition that has been made for that person? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Depends what kind of petition

Comment

Working...
        X