arrest after LPR application filed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arrest after LPR application filed

What happens if you are arrested after you file for your green card? And if the case is continued for dismissal or adjourned in contemplation of dismissal?????

What happens if you are arrested after you file for your green card? And if the case is continued for dismissal or adjourned in contemplation of dismissal?????

Comment

Nothing happens, till you are called for an interview.At the interview they will ask you if you have ever been arrested,although the matter is due to be dismissed,you will have to tell the TRUTH,failure to do so,could lead to some serious problems for you,you also need to get the Final Disposition to the INS.Before them approve your case,they will need to see the final disposition.Please,please truth them the truth,because they already know.

Comment

so the fact that it was adjourned in contemplation of dismissal doesn't matter to them -so long as it gets dismissed. Right? The charge was patronizing a prostitute

Comment

I had the same issues like you,the ACD did not mean nothing,they wrote to me two days after the interview,asking that I submit the Final Disposition,and I QUOTE SO THAT THE INS OFFICER CAN FINALIZE MY CASE,its been two months,and I am waiting to hear about a Swearing date.Good luck,if you have no other arrest,you will be alright.

Comment

Working...
          X