I485 pending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 pending

I already sent the I-485 based on my asylum grant from the Immigration Judge. I clicked NO on the arrest box. Now I was thinking about this, and didn't make sure if ICE arrest for visa over-staying should be included in I485. Is my application for I485 gonna be denied that I didnt stated ICE detention? If so, is also my asylum grant gonna be canceled too, or I can reapply again for I485, this time with YES on arrest question? Or maybe it's gonna be approved , probably because visa-overstayed is not a criminal violation, or maybe they wont notice and FBI doesnt have record of visa overstayed arrests
    Last edited by slovak; 09-15-2012, 01:08 PM.

No, don't worry about that. They know about it already---you got asylum after all. Also, there is a separate question about immigration proceedings and even if you screwed up the answer to that, they know it was a mistake--you applied for a greencard based on ASYLUM granted by an IJ!

They want to know about actual criminal arrests such as theft or assaults, drunk driving, drug busts, credit card fraud, etc....

Comment

Working...
    X