X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application through marriage submission

Hello,

I've recently married a US Citizen and I am compiling the information all the forms and information required by the USCIS but I still have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1st- Do I have to submit the forms by mail or can I submit them on my local USCIS office (I live in San Francisco)?

2nd- Can I submit the I-130 and the I-485 together or do I have to wait for the I-130 approval to submit the I-485?

3rd- My B2 visitor visa will likely expire while we wait for the approval of the paperwork, is this an issue?

Thank you for your help

1 by mail only--read and follow the form instructions

2 concurrently filing is the BEST and most practical (also include the I-131 and I-765 as well as all the things required and asked for in the instructions)

3 as long as you made a lawful entry with an actual visa (NOT Visa Waiver Program) it can expire even before you file anything at all when filing as an "Immediate Relative" (IR) of a USC (that's what a spouse is).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Whalen View Post
      1 by mail only--read and follow the form instructions

2 concurrently filing is the BEST and most practical (also include the I-131 and I-765 as well as all the things required and asked for in the instructions)

3 as long as you made a lawful entry with an actual visa (NOT Visa Waiver Program) it can expire even before you file anything at all when filing as an "Immediate Relative" (IR) of a USC (that's what a spouse is).
      Thank you Joe,

I forgot to mention that I've entered the country with a B1/B2 Visitor Visa and being so I'm not sure of which option of the I 485 on the Part 2 should I choose. I believe it should be option H Other eligibility basis and explain that I've entered with a B1/B2 and married a US citizen while here.

Must say that our intentions weren't getting married when I first came in here, and that I understand that I will also have to prove that fact to the USCIS.

Thank you

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed