I-130 Petition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Petition

I had just become a citizen in August 2012. I had petitioned I-130 for myspouse who has been on deportation proceeding for the last 5 years. I filed theI-130 in May of 2011. We have not yet been called for interview nor adjudicatemy I-130 petition since I filed it in May 2011. I have sent a copy of mycitizenship certificate to USCIS in Atlanta since I became a citizen.
    What can I do to speed up the processing of my petition. My spouse has anupcoming court date this coming November 2012.
    I called the USCIS 1-800#, and was told that my application has beensent to Atlanta USCIS.
    What do I need to do to speed up this interview process?
    Thanks
    Eunice

At the hearing ask for a continuation pending the outcome of the I-130 application. Bring evidence of the application being submitted and of your marriage.
    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Remembering that this is an anonymous forum....What is the charge against him? Is it merely a visa overstay or is it something else? Did he actually enter on a visa originally? Is he legally eligible to apply for adjustment of status? If he entered without inspection, he is MOST LIKELY not eligible. Even if eligible, would he require a waiver for some reason?

Comment

Working...
      X