Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Working Remotely from England

I am presently working for a firm in Salem, OR on an H1B visa (valid till March 2014). However, I intend to relocate to England early next year for familial reasons. I do not intend on quitting my job at that time, and its likely that my employers will be happy to allow me to work remotely from England.

Question #1:Is this true: If I relocate to England and switch to an hourly instead of full-time position, this is possible under the H1B scheme. It would entail an LCA amendment to both my location and job type (hourly instead of full-time salaried) and would cost my company on the order of a couple grand depending on their lawyer fees.

Question #2: My job may entail reentering the US for a week per month to for site work (in different states). Could I continue to do this with my H1B status and visa until March 2014? Or will I get a lot of grief at the US entry point given I'm not a resident in the country any more and I'm entering for work?

Also, if it helps in any way, my relocation to England could be framed as "temporary", with the possible intent of returning before March 2014 and renewing my H1B status.

Any help or advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Habib
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed