Impending N=400 Interview and Out of state of DL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending N=400 Interview and Out of state of DL

I am scheduled for N- 400 interview in early October. My problem is I am still using out of state driver license because auto insurance is cheaper in previous state. will this cause a problem for me during the interview? thanks

Yes, it will cause problems.

1.) You are required to be licensed in the state you actually live in, and worse....

2.) The Immigration Services Officer (ISO) will question where you really live---This is important for multiple reasons. You must have "resided" in the State or USCIS Office "jurisdiction" long enough before filing to meet that FILING PREREQUISITE. The even worse thing is if you are filing based on a marriage to a USC and it appears that you don't live together.

The situation you describe is a non-issue in only a few situations which you have not indicated might apply.

P.S. You are committing a fraud on the insurance company and that is an "unlawful act" for which a very strict ISO could rightfully and legally deny you naturalization pursuant to INA 101(f)'s "catch-all" provision. SEE: http://www.slideshare.net/BigJoe5/co...ion-of-removal

Comment

Joe

Thanks Joe for reply but I think your reference to the case is misguided. One, I didn't omit anything from my application. Also I don't know what you mean by insurance fraud because my car is still registered in my previous state. by the way thianks for your reply but I respectfully disagree with you and the court case you attached.

Originally posted by Joe Whalen View Post
      Yes, it will cause problems.

1.) You are required to be licensed in the state you actually live in, and worse....

2.) The Immigration Services Officer (ISO) will question where you really live---This is important for multiple reasons. You must have "resided" in the State or USCIS Office "jurisdiction" long enough before filing to meet that FILING PREREQUISITE. The even worse thing is if you are filing based on a marriage to a USC and it appears that you don't live together.

The situation you describe is a non-issue in only a few situations which you have not indicated might apply.

P.S. You are committing a fraud on the insurance company and that is an "unlawful act" for which a very strict ISO could rightfully and legally deny you naturalization pursuant to INA 101(f)'s "catch-all" provision. SEE: http://www.slideshare.net/BigJoe5/co...ion-of-removal

Comment

Originally posted by kari81 View Post
        Thanks Joe for reply but I think your reference to the case is misguided. One, I didn't omit anything from my application. Also I don't know what you mean by insurance fraud because my car is still registered in my previous state. by the way thianks for your reply but I respectfully disagree with you and the court case you attached.

I respect your right to disagree and share that characteristic with you because I disagree with you too.

Be sure to tell the USCIS Officer how you are "still using out of state driver license because auto insurance is cheaper in previous state" and let us know how well that works for you.

As far as I know, auto insurance rates are based on where you live (and drive) rather than on the state that issued your license. In order to get or retain a cheaper rate, did you fail to tell the insurance company that you moved? Or did you tell them that instead of continuing to live in Iowa (for example) that you now reside in Los Angeles, CA (for example) and they said OK, you can keep the same rates because you have an Iowa license? I don't think so and neither will anyone else---especially an Immigration Officer who has only one constant in his job, which is that it is "more likely than not" that "someone will lie to me today".

It should prove most enlightening how that information is received and treated during naturalization proceedings. Please keep us informed of your progress. Prove me wrong!

Comment

Working...
        X