Is it too late?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it too late?

I married an illegal immigrant from Argentina in 2004. I have found evidence that I believe can prove he married me under false pretenses. After six years of marriage what are my options?

I married an illegal immigrant from Argentina in 2004. I have found evidence that I believe can prove he married me under false pretenses. After six years of marriage what are my options?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TangoTangle:
      I married an illegal immigrant from Argentina in 2004. I have found evidence that I believe can prove he married me under false pretenses. After six years of marriage what are my options? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he apply and obtain citizenship yet? If not, have him apply for citizenship and get approved. Once he receives his oath and papers, then proceed to divorce him if you wish. This way you will not be on the hook for sponsership.

On the other hand, he is still with you, perhaps he changed his mind and wants to stay with you afterall. Sometimes life happens like this.

You have two choices, whatever one works 4U

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TangoTangle:
        I married an illegal immigrant from Argentina in 2004. I have found evidence that I believe can prove he married me under false pretenses. After six years of marriage what are my options? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi and welcome,

What sort of evidence did you find that makes you suspicious? Just my opinion, but since you guys have been together 6 years, it doesn't seem like a scam to me.

Anyway, I agree with 4Now to persuade your husband to pursue his citizenship. No point in trying to mess up his status this late in the game. Good luck.

Comment

As 4now and Proudie say, after 6 years of marriage it'll be hard to prove it wasn't a good faith marriage. Presumably he has the 10 year PR card by now. Best bet get his Citizenship then divorce if that's what you want.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

4now: What if he does not want to become an American citizen? What do you mean "on the hook for sponsorship"? Does he have to become a citizen before I can consider divorce?

Comment

As Glen Beck puts it, all illegal immigrants are either "terrorists, outlaws or people who can't make a living in their dirtbag countries" so no surprise there about your illegal immigrant from Argentina being a fraudster.
              http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Hello Tangle,

If your husband becomes a US citizen, you are off the hook as far as the Affadavit of Support you signed. In other words, it would be to your benefit if he pursues citizenship should you guys decide to get divorced.

Comment

I will most definitely pursue his citizenship.

Can anyone give me any idea how long this process takes after you fill out and submit all the necessary paperwork?

I really appreciate all of the input and am glad I posted my question. Thanks to everyone responding.

Comment

Call 1-800-MALIKPAPISH. Ask for Malik Papish. Tell him OldE from ilw.com referred you. He will fix something fer ya.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

another cheat, another piece of scum, another dumb.as.s

Comment

..and another Mullah Limbaugh worshiper bites the dust..

Comment

It is astonishing to hear first hand about how low a human being's IQ can be......what, 23 or so???? Notice ole ProudUSC is right there, ready to support any dirtbag....no doubt, she wants some cheap labor at the enema bag cleaning company,..

Comment

YES!!! finally S12 showed up. Of course PutridUSC is the first one to show up, although the commie chink RN is never far behind, followed by the goat smelling muslim 'brit' and insipid KollerKraut. How about the jackass who claims that he "didn't know" he married an illegal alien? HA HA HA HA

Comment

Well,it sounds like some of you think you have Superior Intelligence, untouched by the risk of love and life . . . or is it your quotient of chauvinism blasting through like vomit divisible by misogyny.

Please, save a key stroke, and keep your superior, sarcastic, arrogant, worthless, twisted, sick and abusive comments to yourself. You are so shallow, you have no clue about the human spirit and soul that brings some of us to an unfortunate reality.

I suggest you GET A LIFE and stop living vicariously by reading and commenting with your lonely, bored slime about other people living life . . . like lies taken for the truth, you repulse me.

Comment

Working...
                              X