Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an illegal immigrant get any help with pregnancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an illegal immigrant get any help with pregnancy?

Hello, I have some questions & hopefully someone can help me here.

I am an illegal immigrant, I came to the USA when I was 6 years old on a tourist visa. My visa expired & my family decided to stay.
    I am 22 years old & I am engaged to the love of my life. We are planning on going to the court in the next couple of days to get married.
    A couple of days ago, we found out that we are expecting a baby. I am 6 weeks along. He is a US Citizen. He does not have insurance, his job does not provide it. We agreed that we were not going to get government aid, of any kind. A nurse told me that I need to get a doctor and get check ups and all that would cost a lot of money.. & well my question is if there is any kind of help that we can get? & If we do get government aid, would that affect me when we would try to fix my legal status?

Thank you for any information..

Originally posted by chester2008 View Post
    Hello, I have some questions & hopefully someone can help me here.

I am an illegal immigrant, I came to the USA when I was 6 years old on a tourist visa. My visa expired & my family decided to stay.
    I am 22 years old & I am engaged to the love of my life. We are planning on going to the court in the next couple of days to get married.
    A couple of days ago, we found out that we are expecting a baby. I am 6 weeks along. He is a US Citizen. He does not have insurance, his job does not provide it. We agreed that we were not going to get government aid, of any kind. A nurse told me that I need to get a doctor and get check ups and all that would cost a lot of money.. & well my question is if there is any kind of help that we can get? & If we do get government aid, would that affect me when we would try to fix my legal status?

Thank you for any information..
    Hello chester2008 and welcome to the forum.

First, I want to say congrats on getting married.
    Second, I am sorry that your husband does not have insurance. But there might be a way. Catholic Charities and you may want to see if the public hospital may help you. Keep in mind that there are ways to pay for health services that do not require government assistance.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Our good friend Hudson will post the links for these places im sure, thank you Old friend )

Comment

Get married and apply for an adjustment of status. Since you were inspected upon arrival, are married, and have a munchkin on the way AOS will be quite simple. Don't listen to any of the godless heathens who may advise killing the child due to lack of financial ability. The death of a child is forever. Your poverty isn't.
        This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Working...
        X