Arora Shooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arora Shooting

A new hurdle in the loss of civility has been breeched. Last night a gunman opened fire in a movie theatre in Arora Colorado. The cinema operators will be scrambling to install metal detectors and legislators will be busy writing more bills further separating us from our freedoms. The shooter is believed to be associated with the military in some capacity. What are the implications of this beyond the obvious? For one, why is there a trend in shootings to begin with? It's not access to weapons. If that were the case there would have been a lot more of it in decades past when there weren't waiting periods for purchase, background checks, and making a fully automatic weapon from one not was fairly easy. Several things have changed over the years. For one, life has become devalued. As the debate in another thread testified to, many have no reservations snuffing out an innocent child's breath. If a child can be silenced without a morality check, how much less is anyone's life who can have some guilt assessed to it. There are issues with the military side of this. Notably, there was an article in Time magazine about the fact more service members committed suicide coming home from the Afgan war than who died in combat. There is quite a bit to be said about that and Tme missed the mark by a mile. The relevance to immigration? Of those who perished in battle, there were some in the mix.
    This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

The article I read didn't mention anything about the military, but this young man is obviously deranged. Why didn't anyone take notice of this before the tragedy that happened last night? He has a dark side and I'm sure it's been witnessed at least by those close to him. Same thing happened with the VA Tech gunman - crazy as a loon, but no one took any action to address it. To have this happen in Aurora which is only 13 miles away from Littleton (Columbine) makes it even more tragic in my opinion. The world has gone mad, but I don't think stricter gun control laws will help. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Comment

This is what happens when dimwits sing too much of "Hallelujah Jesus!" and then are allowed to buy guns.
      Tragic!
      [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

Comment

Those who sing 'Hallelujah Jesus' with any amount of sincerity value life and don't go on shooting rampages. Those that don't....

The suppressors of freedom will scream for more gun control PUSC. They'll do like E and claim it's some whacked Christian when it couldn't be further from the truth. He, like many on the left relish each and every diminishment of rights with the unfounded belief they will be excluded from the ball and chain society. They' adhere to the talking points they're told to memorize that they are enlightened or progressive by agreeing and are far above the common surfs. What they don't realize is, they will not be rewarded with anything more than a snicker for their stupidity by being complicate all along.
        Last edited by davdah; 07-20-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Simply put, if we allow anybody to buy and own guns then this is what will happen. Some people just shouldn't have access to guns. Strict background checks will not weaken the hallowed 2nd Rights Amendment. What civilian needs an AR-15 anyway?? Wingnut Rep. Gohmert wonders why nobody in the movie theater had a gun to fight back with. What an IDIOT! Darkened room, blacked out gunman with tear gas filling the room. What you'd end up with is a bloodbath and many more causalities than sadly occurred. I really wonder when IDIOTs like this guy come out with such STUPID statements. More guns in circulation means more death and injuries not less!! I'm sure the NRA will love him. RIP to those poor souls who died last night.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...er-have-a-gun/
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Right on cue. Let's see what other "enlightened" comments emerge from the depths of the left's platitudes.

Comment

It's precisely 'Hallelujah Jesus' singing dimwits who lose it after Sunday classes and go on rampages like this.
              What atheist can be driven as crazy as religious man who takes contents of Bible literally?
              [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

Comment

Very simple literal understanding everyone has heard. "Thou shalt not kill" That's how literal. Real atheists don't believe so they kill what ever they please with immunity, beginning with their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by davdah View Post
                  Right on cue. Let's see what other "enlightened" comments emerge from the depths of the left's platitudes.
                  If by that you mean I'm for more gun controls then yes I am for more gun control. The words are "well-regulated militia" not a free-for-all. You want to return to the Wild West days and have everybody armed and dangerous. If that happened we will get many more deaths like last night. NO. This cannot be allowed.
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Originally posted by davdah View Post
                    Very simple literal understanding everyone has heard. "Thou shalt not kill" That's how literal. Real atheists don't believe so they kill what ever they please with immunity, beginning with their own children.
                    Yeah right. I really see a criminal or a deranged mind acting on "Thou shalt not kill". The criminal doesn't care and the deranged don't know what they're doing. Telling them "Thou shalt not kill" is about as effective as "Just say No". I like how you managed to bring abortion into this debate davdah. You have a lot in comon with Rep. Gohmert who managed to mix guns and religion.

Comment

the deranged don't know what they're doing.
                      Right on point, Brit. That's why so many religious people go on a rampage.

Religion + Gun = Tragedy

If Religion -> no gun!

If Gun -> no religion!

Mix two = Arora...
                      Last edited by OldE3; 07-20-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit4064 View Post
                        If by that you mean I'm for more gun controls then yes I am for more gun control. The words are "well-regulated militia" not a free-for-all. You want to return to the Wild West days and have everybody armed and dangerous. If that happened we will get many more deaths like last night. NO. This cannot be allowed.
                        My God you really are an idiot. What exactly has 'gun control' accomplished? Nothing. It's more difficult than ever to purchase and yet the level of crimes has increased. What does that say? It doesn't work. It also says "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." SCOTUS upheld it in recent decisions in 08 & 10. Unlike abortion, it has been revisited and tested sound. What can't be allowed is for imbeciles to peddle their rhetoric like you two clowns. This right is considered an auxiliary to the right of life. Which coincidentally is also under attack by the same left leaning morons who think they know what's best for everyone else, exempting themselves of course. Stop blaming the weapon and look at who's welding it.

Comment

Ahh the good standby NRA argument "it's not the gun that kills, it's the person". Now if that person didn't have a gun, he couldn't kill right? (at least not by using a gun) Sure he could have stabbed one or maybe two people but not 12 in a few seconds. Answer me this davdah. Why is it necessary for a civilian to have semi-automatic weapons or for that matter tear gas? Surely that wasn't the intent of the 2nd Rights Amendment. That was written more than 200 years ago and in a different time. "Well-regulated militia" means to me some authority that has power to control who gets guns or else they would have just left it as "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". It appears the Founding Fathers did have in mind some form of gun control by an authority or else it's a free-for-all. Now whose the idiot?

Comment

Constitution reigns supreme, regardless of our immediate wants and passions.

Just as davdah must yield in subject of abortion (since zygote is not a person under 14th and thus lacks Constitutionally protected right to live) , so must those ,who abhor lunacy of them who abuse Second amendment, yield and defer to the Courts to punish transgressors and Executives to do what necessary to prevent these things from happening.

If we argue otherwise and in any way advocate infringement with 2nd Amendment where are the assurances that the same will not be done to other Amendments and that in the end we won't pay a greater price for what we thought was only for good?

The roots of 2nd go back to Bill of Rights of 1689 which was a result of a dispute between the Parliament and King's desire to disarm everyone and keep a standing army.

The 2nd amendment, as ratified by states and authenticated by Jefferson himself, states:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Surely intent was not for the amendment to be abused by mentally deranged "Hallelujah Jesus!" singing dimwits to carry on massacres after Sunday schools, so rather than advocating the defeat of Constitution those who want good and wish to be consistent shall turn the attention towards the real cause of these atrocious acts which, upon closer examination, happens to be not a soulless weapon but a human being in control of discharging it who sings too much of "Hallelujah Jesus!" songs. That's where the problem is.
                            If anything, a very thorough mental and psychiatric evaluation of religious people and other groups at risk of mental illness shall be made mandatory in case if any of belonging to such groups wished to purchase and own a weapon.

That would be a lot more rational solution and one in harmony with the Constitutional protections of Life as well as Right to Bear arms.

Comment

Ahh the good standby NRA argument "it's not the gun that kills, it's the person". Now if that person didn't have a gun, he couldn't kill right? (at least not by using a gun) Sure he could have stabbed one or maybe two people but not 12 in a few seconds. Answer me this davdah. Why is it necessary for a civilian to have semi-automatic weapons or for that matter tear gas?
                              I don't think a civilian can purchase tear gas through normal means. As to semi-auto weapons. Are you kidding? It's not an issue of necessity. If not a rifle it would have been a bomb. Don't you remember Ireland? What about the modern day terrorist? Banning Guns does little to curtail people's violent tendencies. Not only that, the main reason we are guaranteed the right isn't for sport, recreation, or anything associated with pleasure. It's to keep the government in check. A means of defence. With that, it is absolutely within the scope of the 2nd amendment and why it wasn't struck down the last few times it was visited by scotus. Whether it be an individual or a banned together militia, the same purpose is served. If a permission is necessary and it be by government decree, what purpose would it serve when the same authority it's meant to protect us against can remove it? You didn't think this through.

Being pro-gun isn't pro-death Ipers. In order to have a reasonable expectation of freedom in all its forms and means of expression it becomes necessary to have at your disposal the ability to defend it. There is no irony. And it certainly doesn't mean it needs to be limitless. You espouse chaos yet contradict yourself with every other opinion. That's not logical at all.

E, you're so far off the mark it's borderline ridiculous. As usual, about as credible as your accusations of being pulled over by police because of disagreements here. That is laughable and so is this latest rant of yours. The founding fathers were very religious. According to your usually stupid comments they would be considered mental patients. So much for your bigoted hate speech. Between your affinity for rear ends and extreme hostility for religion I'd guess you had a confrontation involving the two. Given you're obviously not the most mentally stable person, you were probably the perp and not the victim in that incident, what ever it was.

In the instant case, the shooter was a medical school student and there is nothing to indicate he sang "Hallelujah Jesus" let alone had a religious faith at all. Applying E's simpleton logic to the present matter as demonstrated by the chart he drew at the top of the page. Going to med school breeds deranged s*******. Therefore, we must shut down medical schools to preserve life. Real bright E and right on point, LOL.
                              Last edited by davdah; 07-21-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X