Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: I awfully need some advice :(

Hi guys,

Me and my husband got married in September, submitted our I-130 and I-485 in November. My fingerprints was taken on Feb. 9, 2012. Even though we were missing some documents, I guess they still scheduled for my fingerprints. However, we had to wait until April 25 to have our interview. At the interview, we were separated because he is a Sudanese while I am a Vietnamese, and not living together at that time due to his schooling and the expensive cost of living if we live together.

After our interview, we were asked to submit a vaccination supplement even though we already submitted it, and also form G-325A. We submitted it the next day. No decision was made after our interview. Now I am very worried because it already more than 2 months and we haven't heard of a decision from them. Whenever we check their website, it says "initial review".

I am very worried because as an international student, I have an unpaid tuition which is transferred to a debt collection company already. So, I am wondering if that debt can be the cause of the delay or what is going on with my case? Both me and my husband are worried dead about our case. Can anyone help us with an answer? Also, after the interview, no one had asked for my passport or I-94.Is that normal or which mean I will have a high chance of being denied soon?

I am greatly appreciated any kind of help your guys can offer us right now.

Our timeline (so far):
    Nov. 15,2011: I-130 I-485 sent
    Dec. 13,2011: NOA received
    Feb. 9, 2012: fingerprints taken
    Feb. 26, 2012: supporting document submitted (W-2, translated birth certificate, I-697)
    April, 25, 2012: interview at USCIS in Seattle, WA (no decision was made)
    April, 26, 2012: G-325A sent as required from the interview,

Working...
X