Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USC marrying alien in Jamaica, entering United States. Good Idea???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC marrying alien in Jamaica, entering United States. Good Idea???

Is this an easier and legal way to get my fiancee who lives in Ghana into this country with me? I have not submitted any forms to Immigration, so far. Can anyone advise, please? John

Is this an easier and legal way to get my fiancee who lives in Ghana into this country with me? I have not submitted any forms to Immigration, so far. Can anyone advise, please? John

Comment

No. Don't try shortcuts, or you risk more problems than you need to have. You're a US citizen, so apply for a fiancee visa, or marry her, leave her abroad, and apply for her as your wife. Your way involves committing immigration fraud, from the sound of it. Are you planning to bring her in as a tourist? The last thing you or she want to do is lie or misrepresent your intentions.

Comment

No, I do not want to do anything illegal. I had the impression this was a way to simplify the process. I thought when we arrive back in US she would be granted some sort of conditional status to find employment within a certain amount of time. I am not sure of anything and this is why I posted the question. Thanks for your input. I hope to hear more from anyone with any knowledge about this.

Comment

If she obtains any sort of visa with the idea of coming here and marrying you she is committing immigration fraud. Some people do it but it is risky and there's no need for it... The only legal ways are by filing k-1 or I-130/K-3. In many cases there is no need to file K-3 because they're processing the I-130's much faster than they used to. If you file the I-130 there is much less paperwork to do once she gets here. With K-1 you have to marry within 90 days and then file all of the adjustment paperwork, including EAD application. The only other way is DCF which I don't believe is offered in her country. Once source to check is:
          http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html

Comment

Thank you, Still Learning but the idea is for us to meet in Jamaica, to marry there and then for me to bring her to the United States as my wife. Immigration officers at the airport in Accra, Ghana suggested this might be a way to go. I will check that link. Can anybody else add to that?

Comment

Working...
            X