I-TIN -need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-TIN -need advice

My father petitioned me a year ago, but he died before the petition is complete. I am here as an overstayed tourist. I have I-tin no. trough my father's petition, and been using it to work. My mother is about to take her citizenship, can she petition for me? I am 30 yrs. old. if my mother can petition me, how long will it take to get a GC? Will I be deported? I'd been consulting lawyers...and they're telling me different things.

My father petitioned me a year ago, but he died before the petition is complete. I am here as an overstayed tourist. I have I-tin no. trough my father's petition, and been using it to work. My mother is about to take her citizenship, can she petition for me? I am 30 yrs. old. if my mother can petition me, how long will it take to get a GC? Will I be deported? I'd been consulting lawyers...and they're telling me different things.

Comment

If by ITIN you mean individual taxpayer identification number, you can't use that to work legally - it's only for people who need to file tax returns but are NOT authorized to work. Working illegally could seriously hurt you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X