K-1 Fiance question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Fiance question

I am an American citizen and my fiance is British. We applied for a K-1 fiance visa, thinking we had plenty of time for it to be processed before our wedding in October. We were wrong, and now we have a huge wedding planned with the possibility of no visa.
    Our application has been approved here, but we're waiting for it to be processed in NH and sent to the embassy in London. Any suggestions?

I am an American citizen and my fiance is British. We applied for a K-1 fiance visa, thinking we had plenty of time for it to be processed before our wedding in October. We were wrong, and now we have a huge wedding planned with the possibility of no visa.
    Our application has been approved here, but we're waiting for it to be processed in NH and sent to the embassy in London. Any suggestions?

Comment

Rule number one: Don't set anything in stone until you are near the end of the fiancé visa process. Postponement is an option.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Buddy,
        thats like moving to a different state,after you had a seccuseful job interview there,but not knowing for certain if you'll even get the job.
        Same with the Visa, applying for a Fiancee Visa is one step, getting the exams and interviews done anonther thing,getting approved the last thing.....THEN u plan the wedding lol.

Hey its not the wrost thing u know...just don't plan anything...wait till your fiancee has the visa on hand,maybe in few months or in a year.Thats how long it can take...
        Good Luck...

Comment

1. As Sappy said, do not set anything in stone until you know your fiance is approved by the US Embassy in London.
          2. Postpone the wedding.
          3. It takes 4-6 weeks for NH visa center to process the paperwork and send it to the embassy. Then the embassy will take 2-4 months to process the packet 3 and 4 for your fiance. This is the general time preferences for K1 visa aopplications. If anything is extended, it is best you contact the office after the deadline to see what the delay is.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
          X