No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">....and that, no matter how fascinating a story it may be, a president should never sit around in a state of total paralysis reading "My Pet Goat" while America is under attack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Democratic Manifesto, hmmm!

Great stuff except for the line above. That is unfair, he had no control over that and he shouldn't be beaten up about that.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

oooh IP....too much bold! Heavy on the eyes, I need shades
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

IP: You forgot the first objective of the democrats mentioned above.

GET THE REPUBLICANS OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!

GO DEMOCRATS!

Comment

I think it is entirely possible to believe in creation and evolution.

My theory is that what God created occured way before Adam and Eve. I think that Adam and Eve were indeed the first humans, but evolved from apes. I mean, one really has to think about this most primitive idea about the creation of Adam and Eve. It clearly could have been told by a man that simly didn't know better. Let's see, our calendar started with Jesus, we know about ancient civilications at around 500-600 B.C. (could be wrong with these numbers). I think people around that time simply didn't know any better.
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

tax cut yeah right!!
              republican tactics to buy out your votes!!!
              lame lame lame!!

My fellow Americans Aren't you tired watching the dollar devaluation!!

NO TO REPUBLICANS!!!
              shooo shooo

Comment

Davdah,

I have not looked into all of this in much detail. I certainly did not read up on the mapping of chomosomes. What I do believe, is that life adopts to physical changes. There is so much going on, with us, (humans) alone, that we can't make head and toe off, so much we haven't figured out yet, because what is out there is very, very complicated.

I don't think that Chromosomes think independently from the organism, but that it is essentially they that react to extremly subtle physical changes.

I was just recently thinking about hormones. We know but a few of them, but it is essentially them, that direct our lives. We have so little control....we are not above anything, but we are only part of it!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:

Here is something to ponder. How is it that the process actually happens? How does a fish's genetic structure know to sprout feet? That would assume the chromosomes have the capacity to think independent of the organism itself. It would have to pass on that decision and and proper gene mapping process to the genetic makeup of decedents. It would require a rigorous standard to avoid a large number of creatures with gross anatomical defects. How would that be possible? It isn't.
                  </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

I am sorry to interrupt your discussion here, but this posting caught my eye.
                  Of course we know how it happened that " the fish started growing feet" (very funny by the way, I had to laugh a lot when I read that).
                  It happened then the same way it happens now, spontaneous mutation combined with natural selection.
                  As an example, the spontaneous genetic mutation from some survivors from the Great Plague in 1665 is now knowingly the reason why the descendent (as long as they have both recessive genes) are immune against HIV.
                  This just happened in a little bit over 400 years, so imagine what can happen in millions of years.

I apologize again for interfering with your discussion.

Sincerley,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you looked up your income in the tax tables for 2007 versus 1999. When Clinton was running the show you would have paid more and had less. Simple math. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok .. where did they get your itty bitty tax rebate???? what about sales T-A-X ????

whatever your intelectual **** is...

IM STILL A DEMOCRAT!!!!

NO TO THE REPUBLICANS

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
                      I think it is entirely possible to believe in creation and evolution.

My theory is that what God created occured way before Adam and Eve. I think that Adam and Eve were indeed the first humans, but evolved from apes. I mean, one really has to think about this most primitive idea about the creation of Adam and Eve. It clearly could have been told by a man that simly didn't know better. Let's see, our calendar started with Jesus, we know about ancient civilications at around 500-600 B.C. (could be wrong with these numbers). I think people around that time simply didn't know any better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Actually Kollerrat, Davdah does have a point. Most Christians, whether Protestant, Catholic, or Eastern Orthodox, believe in the inerrancy of the Bible. To believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, that means God created the Earth, the Heavens, and everyting else in Six Days. Evolution, being a forefront to a religion called humanism, states that God did not create the Earth and heavens, It just happened for one reason or another. And do not mistake Biblical inerrancy for Biblical Literalism. Two different religious dogma.

The other problem is that eveluiton is both fact and theory. There are facts about specific points of evolution, but not the theory that eveyryone originally evolved from a single cell organism to what we know now. That part is still theory. Now scientists state that humans are more closely related to Dolphins, genetically, than primates. There are other controversies about evolution, but I will leave that to another debate. here are other criticisms of evoluiton theory.

There are two views of Creationism: Old Earth Creationism and Young Earth creationism. One is based on Biblical inerrancy and one is based on Biblical Literalism. Creationism, although based on religion beliefs, do have some scientific merit. You might want to refer to Behe criticims of evolution from a biochemistry standpoint. His arguments are valid.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Have you looked up your income in the tax tables for 2007 versus 1999. When Clinton was running the show you would have paid more and had less. Simple math. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok .. where did they get your itty bitty tax rebate???? what about sales T-A-X ????

whatever your intelectual **** is...

IM STILL A DEMOCRAT!!!!

NO TO THE REPUBLICANS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Speed,
                        The tax rebate of 2001 went to everybody who paid a tax, ie had a tax liability. More than half of the taxpayers had a tax liability, line 62 on form 1040, line 37 on form 1040A, line 10 on form 1040EZ, not to mention on form 1040NR and Form 1040NR-EZ. Then in 2003, the child tax credit was increased to $1000, with an advanced child tax credit based on a 2002 tax return. It was to help infuse income.

As for Sales Tax, it is a state revenue scheme, not federal. you do not pay a sales tax to the federal government, but you can claim it as a tax deduction if you itemize. And not all states have a sales tax incorporated into their revenue generation schemes just as not all states have a state income tax scheme either.

One avenue of fiscal policy to heel a recession is to lower tax rates. JFK did it, Ronald Reagan did it twice, and what is now the Income Tax Code of 1986. One thing you must remember about any income tax revenue scheme, it is not incorporate wealth and who pays the income tax and how much should not be in the same sentence. An income tax scheme provides incentive for people, businesses, and other entities, to invest, save, spend, and receive to maximize to the indivual beneift. For instance, the filing status that pays the highest tax rate is married filing separately. Most of the deductions and credits are automatically eliminated under this filing status. The code encourages people to file jointly, or use an alternative filing status called head of household. The filing status that pays the next highest tax rate is single. Under this status, you generally will not have dependents, now will you have anything that can lower your tax bill other than the retirement contributions credit, which does not affect many taxpayers, education credit, or maybe some adjustments to income like an IRA deduction or HSA deduction, if you qualify.

Speed, if you are going to make arguments on something, you better know what the hell you are talking about.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Exactly this bottomless mystery and seesaw debate on the merits of either creation or evolution as to life's origin gave birth to The Theory of Intelligent Design. This 20-year old movement promotes "scientific objectivity and constitutional neutrality" and at least makes serious attempts to identify the unknowns. It's an intellectual movement so it's not yet ripe enough to gain traction for a grass-roots level discourse. And because of its youth and intrinsic controversies, it should not rightly be integrated into school curriculum yet.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                            ... So what does this have to do with Hillary losing the election (lol). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Theory of Unintelligent Design.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Speed, open your eyes a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh they're wide open... what about yours.
                              Don't you see what's goin on on your everyday life?

All you see is your darn tax table:

The Bush tax cuts substantially reduced revenues and expanded the budget deficit.

The Bush tax cuts are to blame for the projected long-term budget deficits.

you can laminate your tax table and hang it in your wall Davdah.. but that won't change
                              the financial burden of every american people
                              from day to day basis.

Im not interested on your so called
                              intelectual swirling c-r-a-p.

A BIG NO NO NO TO THE REPUBLICANS!

Comment

Working...
                              X