simultanious filing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simultanious filing

Is it still possible to file simultaniously I140 and I485?
    If I140 is approved and visa number is not available yet is it possible to seek EAD benifits?

Is it still possible to file simultaniously I140 and I485?
    If I140 is approved and visa number is not available yet is it possible to seek EAD benifits?

Comment

The I-140 and the I-485 can be filed at the same time. They will not be processed at the same time however. Usually the service center will not start on the I-485 AND the related application until after the I-140 is approved.

That being said, I can tell you that those applications filed concurrently will usually have the I-765 approved more quickly than those application filed independently. Those petitions filed concurrently are placed in the queue more quickly.

Comment

If my I-485 is placed on hold because of visa number retrogression (because the visa number is not available yet) can I still get an EAD or I have to wait for EAD until my visa number is available?

Can I extend my H1B for the 9th, or 10th year while my I-485 is waiting for the visa number to be available?

Comment

You can get an EAD ased on a pending I-485. Check the application form.

Comment

But if the I-485 was placed on hold the EAD was placed on hold too until visa number becomes current? Correct?

Comment

I am not sure if they will hold up processing the EAD since the I-485 is being help up. I think this is a call each service center would make. I guess you will find out soon enough as normal EAD processing is usually 90 days max

Comment

Working...
              X