Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second marriage

Hi everyoane
    This is what i struggle with: can i marry my girlfriend if her ex-husband was an immigrant. i am here on a visitor visa.
    Thank you for your time everyone)
    Have a good one

Hi everyoane
    This is what i struggle with: can i marry my girlfriend if her ex-husband was an immigrant. i am here on a visitor visa.
    Have a good one

Comment

Under Constitution anyone can marry anyone anywhere in US (provided that both are single and of opposite s e x - in most States).

For implications under Federal Immigration Law, consult an attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flobers:
        Hi everyoane
        Have a good one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        You can marry, but the real question is whether it will help or hinder you to adjust your status to remain in the US. If your girlfriend is a USC, there should be no problem. However, if she is also a legal immigrant as well, the wait time will be much longer and you might have to return to your home country. Additionally, the reason for the divorce, and the circumstances leading to the divorce, might be a concern on the immigration status. If USCIS perceives the marriage is simply to gain immigrant benefits, they will deny the adjustment of status.

NOTE: I am not saying your relationship is based on false intentions, just giving you the full range of generalities given your post.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
        X