Immigraiton Law Question: Just a couple Questions about I-765 Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigraiton Law Question: Just a couple Questions about I-765 Forms

My wife's father is an American Citizen, my wife and I are both Canadian citizens. Now, because my wife is married, the fact that her father is an American citizen doesn't help her at all, is this correct? Secondly, if her father files an I-130 for her, how long after until she can file an I-765(work permit). Can they be filed together? I believe I will be covered under the one I-130 petition, but will I also be able to file for an I-765?
    We are hoping to relocate to the US and to live closer to her father, she has already been contacted and can get a work visa through a company with no problems, and I can live in the states under her work visa, but can't work under it. The travel nursing will get her closer to her father, but I would hate to leave a good paying job here in Canada and be unable to work once down there.
    Any help, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My wife's father is an American Citizen, my wife and I are both Canadian citizens. Now, because my wife is married, the fact that her father is an American citizen doesn't help her at all, is this correct? Secondly, if her father files an I-130 for her, how long after until she can file an I-765(work permit). Can they be filed together? I believe I will be covered under the one I-130 petition, but will I also be able to file for an I-765?
    We are hoping to relocate to the US and to live closer to her father, she has already been contacted and can get a work visa through a company with no problems, and I can live in the states under her work visa, but can't work under it. The travel nursing will get her closer to her father, but I would hate to leave a good paying job here in Canada and be unable to work once down there.
    Any help, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X