Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV Winner - Process

Hi,

I'm a DV 2007 winner, and I'm just lost as to what the process is.

I received notification sometime in may, and filled form DS-230 and DSP-122 with Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

The instructions said that KCC would schedule an appointement. I was expecting this would happen when a Visa Number becomes available, which is true for me since the October Visa bulletin, but still I havent received anything.

Now, I see some people on this board went to schedule an appointement on InfoPass. I went to see, and I cant figure what kind of appointement I should ask for.

Now my dumbass lawyer, are telling me to file for AOS. (Or at least they ask me to gather information so we can file) so I'm completely lost...

Should I hear from KCC at some point? Should I get a Approval of some sort? Or should I just go on to start the AOS ?

I just dont get what the process is, and cannot find anywhere that explains it...

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a DV 2007 winner, and I'm just lost as to what the process is.

I received notification sometime in may, and filled form DS-230 and DSP-122 with Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

The instructions said that KCC would schedule an appointement. I was expecting this would happen when a Visa Number becomes available, which is true for me since the October Visa bulletin, but still I havent received anything.

Now, I see some people on this board went to schedule an appointement on InfoPass. I went to see, and I cant figure what kind of appointement I should ask for.

Now my dumbass lawyer, are telling me to file for AOS. (Or at least they ask me to gather information so we can file) so I'm completely lost...

Should I hear from KCC at some point? Should I get a Approval of some sort? Or should I just go on to start the AOS ?

I just dont get what the process is, and cannot find anywhere that explains it...

Thanks

Comment

What does your number look like?

Comment

Just use this link below and ask to speak to an immigration officer. I am not sur where you live, but if you can't reach someone at the KY office, then be diligent and go to USCIS office.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Good luck....

Preparation meeting an opportunity=LUCK

Comment

Droopy. go to www.immigrationportal.com and look for DV visa forums. There are many forums there regarding AOS process. I'm sure there you will get the knowhow you need for your DV-process.

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Dear Droopycom,

If you have no confidence in the advice of your attorney, you should seek an attorney in which you will have confidence.

That's just my humble opinion.

Good luck!
            Leviticus 19:33-34
            "When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."

Comment

Ok, it turns out that my lawyers (paid by my employer btw, so cannot change) are not that stupid, there was just some confusion as to which letter we were talking about. Eventually he sent me a copy of a sample acknowledgement letter from KCC mentionning my intent to apply for AOS, and so I confirmed that I didnt received it yet, and so they were going to call KCC to figure it out (because you need that letter to apply for AoS).

But then last friday I finally received this missing letter, so now all the pieces are here, and I can file for AOS...

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X