Opinion Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion Please!

My wife is green card holder and one of her friend that also has a green card wants do go live back in her home country for an unknown amount of time. She would like to use our address while she is out of the country. She is going to get a reentery permit to get back. Is this OK to use our address? Thanks in advance.

My wife is green card holder and one of her friend that also has a green card wants do go live back in her home country for an unknown amount of time. She would like to use our address while she is out of the country. She is going to get a reentery permit to get back. Is this OK to use our address? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sure, go ahead.
      ....It's okay with me
      Michael: Father of the Idiots

Comment

Now, so long as she has a legally obtained reentry permit, there is no problem. However, once she abandons her residence in the U.S. and lives abroad without a reentry permit, you cannot aid and abet her fraud. You and your wife risk legal injury if you help her defraud the U.S. government.

In the end this all seems very suspicious. I think you should avoid being pulled into your wife's friends' machinations. Who knows what she is doing over there, there could be other crimes she might be committing. Just remember, people are dying to get to the U.S. and she wants to leave?

Comment

they have to take permission from immigration and the limit is two years.
          Status will be intact if they take permission prior to leave. she has to fill AR-11 for change of address. changing address to your address technically have no problem.
          make sure address is changed by filing AR-11.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
          X