Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 751 polava!

Hello everyone,

I fully expect a torrent of abuse from a lot of people and to be called a fraudster etc... but heres my *** story –

I'm a British guy, left a good job in the UK to come here and marry my US wife.

Got married August 2004, Got Conditional GC August 2005.

Wife and I are and have had problems, no abuse or anything crazy – we both just want different things out of life, plus she has confessed to a few things about her past life that had I know about Im not too sure that I would have married her in the 1st place.

Our marriage is real, no doubt about it. We are not talking divorce yet but I can see it coming – I know how everything goes about the good faith waiver etc once the divorce goes through, but does anyone know what my chances are? – I mean the worst they can do is send me back to the UK, and ive got no problem with that – but ive got so many financial ties here that it would just be a huge pain in the ***.

I work in a Government job, I have the following proof of our relationship –

Joint tax returns for 2004 and 2005

Stack of utility bills in both names for the whole marriage

2 x Car registrations and finance bills goes to each of us at the same address

Whole marriages bank statesments showing us both paying our wages in and paying joint bills

Cell phone records showing that we call each other about 5-8 times a day for up to 30 mins a pop (as any real couple would do)

Several credit cards in both names

A huge pile of birthday / valentines / xmas etc cards from across the years to each other and from both of our respective families mentioning both of our names.

Copies of both of our health insurance cards covering both of us.

Letters from our work showing each other as Next of Kin and life insurance benificiarys.

Copies of cell phone text messages in which she details her faults and confessions

Emails to each other

I've no doubt that I could get at least 15 affidavits from other people (neighbors, co-workers etc) showing that we lived / existed as a couple – but don't have them yet.

Copies of all medical bills used by her and paid for by my insurance

Receipts and doctors notes for an IVF treatment that we went though together in an attempt to get pregnant together, which failed and cost us $6500 out of pocket.

Photographs of us together taking trips, at work functions, house parties and of course photos from the wedding (attended by 200+ people) And a big pile of stuff like little notes relating to everyday things that we've written to each other.

Any one have any ideas what my chances are?

And purely out of interest, what happens if I re-marry before the expiration of the conditional card??? – can I still prove good faith, would it hurt me etc???

Thankyou all for taking the time for reading this.

Todd

Hello everyone,

I fully expect a torrent of abuse from a lot of people and to be called a fraudster etc... but heres my *** story –

I'm a British guy, left a good job in the UK to come here and marry my US wife.

Got married August 2004, Got Conditional GC August 2005.

Wife and I are and have had problems, no abuse or anything crazy – we both just want different things out of life, plus she has confessed to a few things about her past life that had I know about Im not too sure that I would have married her in the 1st place.

Our marriage is real, no doubt about it. We are not talking divorce yet but I can see it coming – I know how everything goes about the good faith waiver etc once the divorce goes through, but does anyone know what my chances are? – I mean the worst they can do is send me back to the UK, and ive got no problem with that – but ive got so many financial ties here that it would just be a huge pain in the ***.

I work in a Government job, I have the following proof of our relationship –

Joint tax returns for 2004 and 2005

Stack of utility bills in both names for the whole marriage

2 x Car registrations and finance bills goes to each of us at the same address

Whole marriages bank statesments showing us both paying our wages in and paying joint bills

Cell phone records showing that we call each other about 5-8 times a day for up to 30 mins a pop (as any real couple would do)

Several credit cards in both names

A huge pile of birthday / valentines / xmas etc cards from across the years to each other and from both of our respective families mentioning both of our names.

Copies of both of our health insurance cards covering both of us.

Letters from our work showing each other as Next of Kin and life insurance benificiarys.

Copies of cell phone text messages in which she details her faults and confessions

Emails to each other

I've no doubt that I could get at least 15 affidavits from other people (neighbors, co-workers etc) showing that we lived / existed as a couple – but don't have them yet.

Copies of all medical bills used by her and paid for by my insurance

Receipts and doctors notes for an IVF treatment that we went though together in an attempt to get pregnant together, which failed and cost us $6500 out of pocket.

Photographs of us together taking trips, at work functions, house parties and of course photos from the wedding (attended by 200+ people) And a big pile of stuff like little notes relating to everyday things that we've written to each other.

Any one have any ideas what my chances are?

And purely out of interest, what happens if I re-marry before the expiration of the conditional card??? – can I still prove good faith, would it hurt me etc???

Thankyou all for taking the time for reading this.

Todd

Comment

FRAUDSTER !!!!!

Comment

You appear to have sufficient documentation, provided that the evidence substantiates co-mingling of finances and cohabitation during the period after AOS and prior to filing as well.

Comment

Thankyou both for taking the time to reply - Mike your reply was of course very well thought out and helfful.

This is the full story -

When we were talking about getting married I actually tried to get her to come to england with me, but she refused on the basis of her grandfather being here and that she needed to care for him.

Well here goes..

After we got married, the "grandfather" bought us a new house to life in - cash (he's very wealthy) as a wedding present and gift to his beloved granddaughter.

Well it turns out that granfather isnt grandfather at all, and in fact is an old guy that she used to sleep with several years ago (before the marriage) and in return for this mutually benificial exchange he took care of her.

Now id be willing to forgive and move on, but she wont leave him - ontop of that me being the nice guy that i am ive been taking care of "grandad" everyday - basically a nurse who free of charge changes the bandages on his legs (he has cancer) and showers him in additiion to all of the domestic stuff.

Its all pretty messed up

having said that i really do still love her, but i cant deal with this.

If makes me a bad person then so be it - but i just cant, he doesnt know that i know....

its all a mess

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X