What happens now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens now

My brother went to USA for a holiday and met his gal friend as she is an american they decided to get married so he had a nice holiday and marriage after his holiday was over he went back to UK to get his home all fixed up for his new wife coming back with him he returned back to USA to fetch her back with him, Unexpectedly he took ill in USA and was taken into hospital and it was discovered he had a rare illness and they had to operate and he lost a Lung, and then they didnt know if he would live till end of that week, his illness is called Wegeners Granulomatosis , he was kept in hospital luckily him and his new wife had insured him when he had married her, he was in hospital for over a year and then they told him he was unable to fly back to UK, as he had to attend hospital at least 3 times a week then eventually he was admitted back into hospital again, that was over 3 years ago, he was released from hospital but still gets treatment from the hospital, he is now wondering what he has to do now Can he stay in USA and have dual citizenship or must he just become an American or what, he is unable to work and is now disabled for life what must he do now can he stay in USA or must he leave with his wife,I am his brother in UK and would like anyone to advise me what he must do now.

My brother went to USA for a holiday and met his gal friend as she is an american they decided to get married so he had a nice holiday and marriage after his holiday was over he went back to UK to get his home all fixed up for his new wife coming back with him he returned back to USA to fetch her back with him, Unexpectedly he took ill in USA and was taken into hospital and it was discovered he had a rare illness and they had to operate and he lost a Lung, and then they didnt know if he would live till end of that week, his illness is called Wegeners Granulomatosis , he was kept in hospital luckily him and his new wife had insured him when he had married her, he was in hospital for over a year and then they told him he was unable to fly back to UK, as he had to attend hospital at least 3 times a week then eventually he was admitted back into hospital again, that was over 3 years ago, he was released from hospital but still gets treatment from the hospital, he is now wondering what he has to do now Can he stay in USA and have dual citizenship or must he just become an American or what, he is unable to work and is now disabled for life what must he do now can he stay in USA or must he leave with his wife,I am his brother in UK and would like anyone to advise me what he must do now.

Comment

Is he a permanent resident or conditional resident? Did they have an interview for adjustment status. We need little more background as what is his status here.

Comment

well would think he is permanent as cant fly back to UK,was interviewed when there but was told due to 9/11 it would take a while other than that I havent a clue

Comment

He can become a permanent resident of US (and stay indefinitely) and be a UK citizen in the same time. Have his wife initiate the family-based Adjustment of Status (AOS) process to get him the permanent residency.

Comment

Working...
          X