Medical Examination question on form I-485. Please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Examination question on form I-485. Please help

Do you have to submit a medical examination report when filing your I-485 form. Thanks for any help you can give me. Trying to complete these as soon as possible.

Do you have to submit a medical examination report when filing your I-485 form. Thanks for any help you can give me. Trying to complete these as soon as possible.

Comment

Have you tried reading the instructions?

Comment

HA HA HA well put Federale86

Comment

federale: you summed it up....the illiteracy rate in trailerparks must be about 98%....

Comment

If ya can't daz.zle em with brilliance or baffle em with B.S. and all else fails, read the instructions.
            This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

is not only illiteracy S12 , it's an over abundant supply of stupidity. I wonder if these new breed of immigrants are born stupid or they take classes.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wdhb:
                Do you have to submit a medical examination report when filing your I-485 form. Thanks for any help you can give me. Trying to complete these as soon as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, and ya have to take your pants off too.

Comment

Yes, you do. You can pick any of the civil surgeons listed on USCIS page. You can click following link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi...ator.office_type=CIV

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ggfrisco:
                    Yes, you do. You can pick any of the civil surgeons listed on USCIS page. You can click following link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi...ator.office_type=CIV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - you guys are brutal on here. I think I was just overwhelmed on here becuase I kept getting different instructions on which forms I needed from USCIS. I am the VP of my company, and have lived in the US all my life and live in a beautiful community (not a trailer park), not that there is anything wrong with that. I just don't understand a few of the questions, and don't want these forms to be denied because of an incorrect answer. Thanks for the people who have reached out and helped us. Again, I am not stupid, but you certainly made me feel that way.

Comment

Hi Wdhb,

Take a look at the link and information below. Not sure of your situation, but you do need to file the medical with the I-485 if it's been over a year since your husband's oversea's medical exam. Lot of luck to you!

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Only if your DS-3025 is marked "incomplete" is a I-693 required to be completed. If it is marked as such (incomplete) you are required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you.

Comment

Unique wasn't actually kidding or trying to be brutal, wdhb. You actually do have to take your pants off. It's a very, very invasive exam and they want to look down south.

I was kinda horrified when I had mine and to this day think that giving birth offered a little more privacy than that medical. LOL.
                        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                          Hi Wdhb,

Take a look at the link and information below. Not sure of your situation, but you do need to file the medical with the I-485 if it's been over a year since your husband's oversees medical exam. Lot of luck to you!

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. Only if your DS-3025 is marked "incomplete" is a I-693 required to be completed. If it is marked as such (incomplete) you are required to complete certain portions of the I-693 and have a Civil Surgeon certify the form (and seal it in an evelope). Specifically, you will complete Part 1 (Information about you) of the I-693 and provide both the form and your DS-3025 (if you have it, proving your vaccination history) and any proof of required vaccinations that were completed prior to entering the US. If you do not have a copy of your DS-3025 you will need to provide sufficient evidence of your vaccination history to the Civil Surgeon (talk to the civil surgeon's office to discuss what vaccination records they accept as proof). If you do not have proof of your vaccination history the Civil Surgeon may insist on re-administering all the required vaccinations prior to completing the I-693. Once the Civil Surgeon has has verified that all required vaccinations have been performed, they will complete form I-693 Part 2 (the vaccination section) and Part 5 (the Civil Surgeon's Certification). They will then seal the form in an envelope and return it to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much. I hate forms, so I am sure that doesn't work to my advantage much. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.

Comment

In regards to the vaccines, if your husband is sure he's had certain ones, he can ask the doctor the cost of a screening test. If it's less expensive than the vaccine, he can opt for that. If it comes back that he is not immune, he will have to go back for the vaccine. Any little bit to save costs is a help though. Insurance does not cover it and since you can't just go to any old doctor, they charge through the nose.
                            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

You're welcome. I hope the process goes smooth and fast for you and your husband.

Comment

Working...
                              X