marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage

Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine. She is now married for 3 years and has a 10yr green card (giver 1 year back). 3 years back when she was conditional permanent resident she had to go back alone to amsterdam for 10 months to finish off her job obligation. She is now facing a divorce and her husband plans on applying to get her 10 year green card revoked as she was not with him for those 10 months. She is scared. Do you all have any suggestions?

Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine. She is now married for 3 years and has a 10yr green card (giver 1 year back). 3 years back when she was conditional permanent resident she had to go back alone to amsterdam for 10 months to finish off her job obligation. She is now facing a divorce and her husband plans on applying to get her 10 year green card revoked as she was not with him for those 10 months. She is scared. Do you all have any suggestions?

Comment

She can only have a problem is she is under the conditional green card, if the conditinal green is over and now she has a non-conditional green card, then she is ok and her husband cant do anything. Again, this is my interpretation of what I know, you might want to consult a immigration attorney.

Comment

From what I've read she needs to be sure that she can prove that it was a real marriage and not fraud. She needs to hang onto "proofs".

Comment

Looks like he is crying sour grapes. She should be okay. He has some " "'splaining to do" as well - he is just as responsible!

Comment

Working...
          X