Change of Address AR11 and online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Address AR11 and online

I have already submitted the AR-11 form for change of address last summer. Unfortunately did not send it registered (etc) for confirmation. Is it advisable to use online COA form again? (or call them in 800#) I am travelling and wanting to make sure there will be no issues coming back even with the GC.

I have already submitted the AR-11 form for change of address last summer. Unfortunately did not send it registered (etc) for confirmation. Is it advisable to use online COA form again? (or call them in 800#) I am travelling and wanting to make sure there will be no issues coming back even with the GC.

Comment

I first changed my address using AR--11, and that didn't work at all. So I called the 1-800#. Ca. 30 days letter I received a letter stating they had updated my information. This was for a N-400 app.

Comment

That is probably true in case of pending applications. They say even if you fiel AR-11, you still need to call to update your pending applications. In my case, I don't have anything pending with them, just making sure if they would give me any grief if my current address do not match their records when I come into the US from my travel. The online form does say that they give you confirmation number. So I am trying to figure out if I can use that and the chances are they may have updated their system.

Comment

Its funny, everyone has a different view on this.

I also sent my AR11 To update my address,which I did by the way couple months late.People use to tell me here "ohh thats not good,u'll have problems" lol yadi ya...anyway.

I sent it also as a regular mail,not as certified or anyhting..and I did not even sign that AR11 and thought "shoot" but guess what.My address was updated and I have never got a letter from them that is updated...but when I got my new greencard it was sent to my current address...

so as far AR11 goes...its not important to have it sent in as certified or anything.
          Besides u can always double check your address over the phone calling them.

Comment

Working...
          X