Divorce of non-immigrant in Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce of non-immigrant in Indiana

Hi I was married to a woman from Venezuela in July of 2003 it took about 16 months to get her VISA. In October I went there to pick her up and bring here here to Indiana. Once here for about 3 weeks she informed me that she was not interested in me and wanted to move out, and I found that she was e-mailing her love in Venezuela. I put her on the flight to Venezuela that next weekend and she has been there for the last seven months. Now she is coming here and says that she has had no contact with her boyfriend. If she comes here and there are problems what leverage do I have? I believe that she will threaten me with divorce and say that she is intitled to half of my property and money. We were married in Venezuela so I think that if I file for divorce there that she could not get anything, is that correct? How difficult could it be for me to get her to go home a second time? Do I have a legal obligation to house her ahdd shelter her here if I file for divorce and remove support for the VISA? She is on a K3 VISA, I have not filed for adjustment.

Hi I was married to a woman from Venezuela in July of 2003 it took about 16 months to get her VISA. In October I went there to pick her up and bring here here to Indiana. Once here for about 3 weeks she informed me that she was not interested in me and wanted to move out, and I found that she was e-mailing her love in Venezuela. I put her on the flight to Venezuela that next weekend and she has been there for the last seven months. Now she is coming here and says that she has had no contact with her boyfriend. If she comes here and there are problems what leverage do I have? I believe that she will threaten me with divorce and say that she is intitled to half of my property and money. We were married in Venezuela so I think that if I file for divorce there that she could not get anything, is that correct? How difficult could it be for me to get her to go home a second time? Do I have a legal obligation to house her ahdd shelter her here if I file for divorce and remove support for the VISA? She is on a K3 VISA, I have not filed for adjustment.

Comment

You are responsible to inform the USCIS/BCIS about the event, she arrived here on K3 visa you got married, she has an LPR status.

1. Inform the Immigration, with draw your support and also inform the US Embassy, and find out how you can divorce her.

You are right she will be intitled for half of property and money, according to US law and she knows it do not file any papers for her.
      Find out how you can divorce her in Venezuela contact US Embassy, at Venezuela they will give you all information and help.

Comment

Were you Blind when you married her?

Do you think she's an object that you can dispose of at your convenience?

USC who marry foreigners and dont behave responsibly make me sick. Just bunch of loosers trying to take advantage of people's dreams. Now things are not going the way you planned, you want to send her back? How low is that?

I need to create a worldwide movement for a greater awereness.

Comment

From the details, it look like she was the one that was using him. I don't see the part of not behaving responsibly.

Comment

Alright, try to estimate the following:

A-What is the percentage of USC males who can have an average "relatively young" good looking girl that is USC actually end up marrying a foreigner? (Assuming the USC male was not born or did not grow up oversea).

B-What is the percentage of pathetic USC males who cannot have an average USC "relatively young" looking girl who actually end up marrying a foreigner? (Making the same assumption: was not born and did not grow up oversea).

I dont have these statistics, but I believe very few people will be surpirsed to see that "A" would be greater than "B".

If you agree with that, would you explain why that is?

If you dont agree with me, I suggest you draw a sample.

Comment

Cisse, wait a minute, I said that she informed me about her not having any interest in ma AFTER she came here. She had a boyfriend back there in Venezuela. I have given her money, affection, whatever she wants. Now she is trying to use me to get her into the US forever. All I want is to send her back to the life that she is telling me she loves much more than I. To me what I'm doing is giving her just deserts. If there is affection in our relationship it is from me to her, there is no *** in our relationship. I found a letter she sent to her boyfriend telling him that she would not have *** with me and not to worry. The way I look at it is that she has been lying all along and if she is happier with him I should reunite the couple.

Comment

How could someone say that Dog has behaved irresponsibly???? He waited 16 months for her to be able to come here and then she said she wanted her bf back home??? Now she wants to come back, probably to get her gc and then divorce him and bring bf here. Get real. Fantasy awareness is no awareness at all.

As far as divorce and you having to split money and assets with her. You need to check with an attorney, see what the law says and also what the CASE law says. Living together for 3 weeks is not the same as making a life together and then divorcing.

Comment

Hahaha. You might also be surprised of the big percentage of foreign ladies who come here in the USA, then after they get their permanent green card or citizenship, they turn around and divorce the sponsoring husband, then marry and petition their true love back in their home country. Then, both they live happily ever after in the US of A with their prince. So what do you call that? Being used? Made into a stepping board?

But if you are a good USA man who wants to do good deeds, help a poor girl reach her american dream with her real true love so she can be happy... well, go for it. The world is round for a few more saints.

The good ladies out there who have honest to goodness intention to fall in love and have a family with their good sponsoring husband or fiance, please don't mind this topic.

Comment

Oh not to mention, while you were waiting for her to get approved of K3 visa? So she was there in Venezuela? With her Bf? Now what? She and her bf had a temporary Love quarrel so she wants to be back with you? Perhaps, she wants to come back to USA because her bf got mad at her for disappointing him of his chance to come to the USA too. He wants her to be with you, get her green card/citizenship whichever she could endure. Well, to get a permanent green card, she would have to stay with you for maybe 2-3 years and if she be more patient wait a little bit more than that to get her citizenship so easier for her to turn around and petition her bf to come to the US of A. Then off they will live happily ever after in the land of dreams.

But hey as I said, there is so much room for few more saints. There is totally nothing wrong with being the good guy in the story. Love is blind sometimes.

Comment

I am sorry but I love soap operas especially when its like a reality show type of thing.

You said, you were sending her money? hmmmn so she and her bf go pik nik or maybe going grocery shopping together, or go to movies, concerts with the money you sent... Oh my, you should just have married her and her bf!!

But dont be too sorry for yourself. You are not the only one in the club. Believe me. I have heard more horror stories than your story. After being together for some years, got citizenship, divorce the man, PLUS rip him off with some of his precious hard earned belongings. But hey, who says finding true love, true happiness, someone you can really trust is easy???? Welcome to earth, the land of the living, land of the used and the users. Which one will you be?

Comment

By the way, the USA recognizes your marriage to her especially when you filed for K3 visa (that's why it is called SPOUSE visa as in recognizing her as YOUR WIFE).

If you will be living together in the USA for some years (that is physically in one roof, as husband and wife), of course, she be entitled for some of your hard earned stuff.

If you feel you ought to help her reach her american dream, whatever it is, other than just be with you forever, you might as well check an atty. on ways to protect yourself and your future in terms of financial issues.

But I dont think, there is really a reason for you be together when there is no trust and you see that there is no healthy future for you to be together. But at other end, you feel you ought to help her achieve her dream in US of A (by means of immigration issues) even knowing that she might end up with another man, you want to be a hero, we got room for martyrs, saints, nice guys.... be one of the few extraordinary good men in the history of this planet, hey....... go for it!!

Comment

Working...
                        X