Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend / Neighbour / Relative affadvit example?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend / Neighbour / Relative affadvit example?

Hi guys,

I have a 'removal of restriction' application for which I need to supply information, etc. None of this is a problem..

However, I'm intending to get my neighbour, a friend and my other half's sister to sign the 'affadavits' which are supposed to say 'I know this person, he's an upstanding guy, and he's not trying to circumvent the green card process...' etc.

I could write up something for my friend to sign, but was wondering if there's any examples anyone had for particular wordage?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Hi guys,

I have a 'removal of restriction' application for which I need to supply information, etc. None of this is a problem..

However, I'm intending to get my neighbour, a friend and my other half's sister to sign the 'affadavits' which are supposed to say 'I know this person, he's an upstanding guy, and he's not trying to circumvent the green card process...' etc.

I could write up something for my friend to sign, but was wondering if there's any examples anyone had for particular wordage?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Comment

affidavits are to confirm your marriage.. not what you are or are not trying to do.

Sister can write, for example, how both you and your wife visit her, do things together; when she is invited to your home she observes the both of you sharing the work... in other words, acting as a loving couple

Comment

Aye...

The form specifically says 'Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in ''good faith'' and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws.'

And one of those items of documentation is the affidavit from people who know you...

Hence I was wondering if there was any particular wording, or examples of things that they like to see. I'm tempted to be smart and say things like 'My neighbour knows me only too well, and often uses the PIN number for my garage doors to steal my lawn tractor while I'm away at work...' :P

One wonders, however, how much of a sense of humour the clerks who read these things have..

Steve.

Comment

Indeed.. I've just been having trouble thinking of exactly what to write, that doesn't end up sounding overly dry.

I found a couple of examples - which is more or less what I was looking for... here :

http://www.geocities.com/ben_jennie/...ffidavits.html

and

http://www.uslaw.com/us_law_question.php?q=1063

Cheers,
          Steve.

Comment

Hey Steve,
            You must be relatively new in dealing with the good ole USCIS. I don't reccomend humor, they don't respond to it well. Don't worry about the letters being dry, just state the facts, that's all they are interested in.
            I checked out the sample letters on the geocites website you cited, these letters are ok in format, I would personally elaborate a bit more about specifics. (*When eating together, you prefer to cook, she prefers to clean, or, talk more about the frequency and context of the functions that the indvidual has observed; *The neighbor sees the two of you together every Saturday afternoon doing yardwork together, etc.)

Comment

Working...
            X