Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 at VSC- confused looking at the updated status

Hi Everyone,

I have created my portfolio on the USCIS website, and occasssionaly check the status of my case. For all this time it said the case was last updated on March 2002. Yesterday night I checked and it said it was last updated on 8/27/2004. But it doesn't say anything like Case status: Approved or pending, nothing...It has been over 999 days since I filed my application. I also called the customer service representative, but all she said was she does not have access to my personal information and she only knows that BCIS is processing April 1999.
    I am really confused, don't know what this means. Can somebody provide more info on this.

Thanks,
    Mandy

Hi Everyone,

I have created my portfolio on the USCIS website, and occasssionaly check the status of my case. For all this time it said the case was last updated on March 2002. Yesterday night I checked and it said it was last updated on 8/27/2004. But it doesn't say anything like Case status: Approved or pending, nothing...It has been over 999 days since I filed my application. I also called the customer service representative, but all she said was she does not have access to my personal information and she only knows that BCIS is processing April 1999.
    I am really confused, don't know what this means. Can somebody provide more info on this.

Thanks,
    Mandy

Comment

Does anybody know what's going on here? I appreciate any help in this matter.

Comment

The update date on your case means something was done.... the explanation / status sometimes doesn't tell you what was done.
        Using my case as an example, my I-485 date showed something was done 3 weeks before interview, but I couldn't see what was done. I just assumed that it was something like security clearance happened. After interview, the status changed a month later to say my application was approved (of course by then I already knew that since I had a stamp on my passport). But I still monitored my case status so I could tell when I would be expecting my actual green card. A couple of days after that, the status changed again, this time telling me that the approval letter was in the mail

Comment

Thanks Leem for taking the time to reply to my post. You know, I checked the online case status again yesterday and this time it said last updated on 8/31/2004. They are definately working on my case, not sure when the I-130 will be approved, may be soon...
          Once the I-130 is approved would I be able to apply for adjustment of status for my husband if he is here in US at that time (he has business visa), or will have to wait for his priority date to be current?

Thanks,
          Mandy

Comment

Mandy

Once your I-130 is approved, depending on your priority date, you may - or may not apply for AOS. If your priority date is current, you should be able to file for AOS. If it isn't current, you should check with DOS visa bulletin to see what the cut-off dates are.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks Mo for the info. I don't understand why the BCIS does not allow the spouses of the green card holder to adjust status once the I-130 is approved, atleast this process should start by the time visa numbers become available. We are punished severely for wanting to live here.
              BTW, reading your previous posts I found out that you are from Boston area, where in boston?

Comment

Working...
              X