Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to get GreenCard after being approved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to get GreenCard after being approved?

My application for GreenCard has been approved on July 2004, and I've been waiting for 5 more months then contacted INS to ask how longer do I have to wait to have my green card. They sent a letter saying: "...Your case was approved ...Your file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card. It could take 12-18 months to finalize...." One year to 1.5 years???
    I wonder if it is normal pace to wait that long to get a green card after it is being approved?

Another question is: I already have stamp (expired Dec 2005) on my passport (expired 2007). So is there any risk for me to travel abroad for 1 month? I particularly concern about re-entering US, and/or any negative impact on the "soon-to-have" green card?
    Please, give me some advise- really appreciate.

My application for GreenCard has been approved on July 2004, and I've been waiting for 5 more months then contacted INS to ask how longer do I have to wait to have my green card. They sent a letter saying: "...Your case was approved ...Your file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card. It could take 12-18 months to finalize...." One year to 1.5 years???
    I wonder if it is normal pace to wait that long to get a green card after it is being approved?

Another question is: I already have stamp (expired Dec 2005) on my passport (expired 2007). So is there any risk for me to travel abroad for 1 month? I particularly concern about re-entering US, and/or any negative impact on the "soon-to-have" green card?
    Please, give me some advise- really appreciate.

Comment

Yes, it may take that long to get GC.

Your stamp I-551 in the passport is as good as physical Green Card for travel.

Comment

Marvin,

You would need to get the I-551 stamp renewed if it is already expired (Dec 2004). But if you mean 'expires 2005' then you are OK.

ARQU

Comment

Aibolit, thanks for your inputs.

Arqu, yep - mine is Dec, 2005.

Still, any possibity that an abroad trip may have an impact (the negative one i.e. delaying) on the green card process?

Comment

No.

Comment

I personally see it strange. I got mine just 21 days after approval. Again, it depens on the local district I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X