Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question : Need advice on GC to Citizenship

Well have issue here.
    My wife got her GC through me since I am a citizen. But we have no idea that her card had to apply for I-751 to remove the conditional status. So her GC is expired at 2007. Now we found out. We have to either apply new GC or I-751. But I am wondering if we can just apply for N-400(citizenship) instead of applying for her GC or I-751?

If anyone have idea what would be best please let me know. Thank you.

Well have issue here.
    My wife got her GC through me since I am a citizen. But we have no idea that her card had to apply for I-751 to remove the conditional status. So her GC is expired at 2007. Now we found out. We have to either apply new GC or I-751. But I am wondering if we can just apply for N-400(citizenship) instead of applying for her GC or I-751?

If anyone have idea what would be best please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

They won't give you a new GC because the old one has expired and you did not file the I-751. You can try to file for the I-751 and explain why it is so late (it'll have to be a good reason). If they accept the reason, all well and good but if not the only answer is to re-file for AoS all over again. You will have resolve the GC issue before applying for Citizenship.

To avoid getting silly and rude replies, please preface your subject header with "Immigration Law Question; Need advice on GC to Citizenship". There are few trouble makers on here who delight in posting irrelevant answers.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

It will be easier to take new GC instead of renewing the old one.
        Swedish language

Comment

They can't renew the old one. The two choices are to file I-751 with explanation of being late or re-file the whole AoS again + the fees.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
          X