Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To,Bronzelady, Kalla and friends who have been interviewed and awaiting stamp on PP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To,Bronzelady, Kalla and friends who have been interviewed and awaiting stamp on PP

Hello Bronzelady,and friends,
    Thank you so much for coming to this web-site frequently and helping lot people with their immigration problems. Thank you so much for doing this. I am no different and I need your opinion/suggestion as to what do I do now. As you might have read on my previous posts I am a Indian citizen married to US citizen and me and my wife had our AOS Interview on May 12th 2004. Well the interview was great NO PROBLEMS. The agent was just great, funny, very professional and to the point. Well he told us that major background checks were back except the NAME CHECK. And our response was so how long would that take? and his answer was" we have no idea". At this time my wife told him that since June 29th 2004 would be our 2nd anniversary she hoped that I would get a permanent card and not the 2 year one and his response was he too hoped and he would see to it and make sure he puts a note on my file about this since it was this close. Chicago has a wait of 2 years on AOS I think. Our receipt date was 7/25/02. Well after waiting 2months now still no sign of any news. 2 weeks ago I sent my EAD renewal papers with all the required documents I even sent a copy of my appointment letter so that who ever opens my EAD paperwork would see that I have already been interviewed and renewed my EAD 3 times. My question is what is the general time for NAME CHECK (max/min)? Is it done here in the US or in India? When I go to the INS office to get my EAD is there anything I can ask them or someone to talk to? Would my EAD papers be directed towards the agent who interviewed us? I really hope so cause me and wife are really desperate to go back home for a visit since it is been more then 3 years now that I have not seen my aging parents. Any light on this matter from you is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. God bless.

Raju
    Ps: In Oct of this year we may be moving to Philadelphia (95% sure). Do you think it is a good idea to transfer our files? Would we be interviewed there again? Hope my NAME CHECK comes back before that since I have to collect my EAD card in Sept 2004.

To,
    Kalla,
    Hey friend how is it going? Well now you know what I have been doing after my AOS interview. How's your situation? Please post it here. Thanks.

Raju

Hello Bronzelady,and friends,
    Thank you so much for coming to this web-site frequently and helping lot people with their immigration problems. Thank you so much for doing this. I am no different and I need your opinion/suggestion as to what do I do now. As you might have read on my previous posts I am a Indian citizen married to US citizen and me and my wife had our AOS Interview on May 12th 2004. Well the interview was great NO PROBLEMS. The agent was just great, funny, very professional and to the point. Well he told us that major background checks were back except the NAME CHECK. And our response was so how long would that take? and his answer was" we have no idea". At this time my wife told him that since June 29th 2004 would be our 2nd anniversary she hoped that I would get a permanent card and not the 2 year one and his response was he too hoped and he would see to it and make sure he puts a note on my file about this since it was this close. Chicago has a wait of 2 years on AOS I think. Our receipt date was 7/25/02. Well after waiting 2months now still no sign of any news. 2 weeks ago I sent my EAD renewal papers with all the required documents I even sent a copy of my appointment letter so that who ever opens my EAD paperwork would see that I have already been interviewed and renewed my EAD 3 times. My question is what is the general time for NAME CHECK (max/min)? Is it done here in the US or in India? When I go to the INS office to get my EAD is there anything I can ask them or someone to talk to? Would my EAD papers be directed towards the agent who interviewed us? I really hope so cause me and wife are really desperate to go back home for a visit since it is been more then 3 years now that I have not seen my aging parents. Any light on this matter from you is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. God bless.

Raju
    Ps: In Oct of this year we may be moving to Philadelphia (95% sure). Do you think it is a good idea to transfer our files? Would we be interviewed there again? Hope my NAME CHECK comes back before that since I have to collect my EAD card in Sept 2004.

To,
    Kalla,
    Hey friend how is it going? Well now you know what I have been doing after my AOS interview. How's your situation? Please post it here. Thanks.

Raju

Comment

Raju,

The officer was correct. There is no way of telling when a name check will clear. There is no timetable that can be given. Some clear within weeks and some can be pending for well over a year. I have seen cases of checks pending for 1 yr 8 months and counting. CIS has no control over when these checks will clear and there is nothing that you can do but wait.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong (really), but I suspect that if your interview was in May and your 2nd anniversary was in June, that you will indeed be subject to the I-751 process.

Once again, I hope I'm wrong but I thought I would offer my opinion...

ARQU

Comment

Good to hear from you Raju,
          Same old, just liek you still waiting for that background check to clear.
          Good luck !

Comment

Arqu,
            If am correct, from what BronzeLady told us on this forum, the date of approval is what counts, meaning the day an approval stamp is put on your file...if it did not happend the day of the interview, then whichever day thereafter could be the one. In Raju's case, it looks like he is actulally in pretty good shape to get a 10 yrs GC.

Comment

Hello Bronzelady,
              Thank you so much for your fast response as always. I really appreciate that. Thank you. But at the same time I really hoped that you would answer some of my questions which really mean to me the most cause I will be facing them in the next coming months. For e.g.: This year we are moving to Philadelphia job reasons (95% sure) Do you think it is a good idea to transfer our files from Chicago? Would we be interviewed there again? When I go to INS in Sept 2004 to collect my EAD card is there anyone I can talk to or tell some officers to look in to this matter? And lastly is NAME CHECK done here in the US or in India? The reason I am asking is I just pray that it is done here and not in India cause that would just take years and years in a country of population of over a billion people. That is all. I hope you agree. Once again thank you so much for being here.

Raju

Hi ARQU,
              Thank you for your response but I think you might be wrong as a 10year GC is issued after the 2nd anniversary or approval date and not the interview date. But to tell you the fact it really does not matter to me 2Year, 10year thing I just want this to be over with and go to India and see my parents.

Raju

Hi Kalla,
              Thank you so much for your response. Well I really hope that your background checks clear fast too. Are you also waiting on your Name check or is yours something else? I think there are 3 kinds of background checks (FBI finger-prints, CIA clearance, Name Check)
              I think I have cleared the first 2 and just waiting on the last (Since my agent told me that ALL MAJOR background checks were back EXCEPT name check.. So anyway hope I get a letter any day. Best of luck to you too.

Raju

Comment

Working...
              X