Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your help EAD K-1

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with my issue as I'm at wits end.
    I arrived here on a K-1 visa am now happily married. After arrival we filed for the EAD on K-1 status since we had not gotten married yet. 90 days had passed, I went to the local INS office got an interim EAD without a problem but now I have received a letter in the mail that my application for EAD has been denied due to the K-1 being expired on Feb 18. We filed the EAD on Dec 20 with their receipt date of Dec 22 and we got married on Jan 30. My entry date was Nov 17.
    The letter says that I cannot appeal the decision. Can I request to reopen? I have a job, was starting this week, but do not know what to do right now.

Thanks for any feedback .

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with my issue as I'm at wits end.
    I arrived here on a K-1 visa am now happily married. After arrival we filed for the EAD on K-1 status since we had not gotten married yet. 90 days had passed, I went to the local INS office got an interim EAD without a problem but now I have received a letter in the mail that my application for EAD has been denied due to the K-1 being expired on Feb 18. We filed the EAD on Dec 20 with their receipt date of Dec 22 and we got married on Jan 30. My entry date was Nov 17.
    The letter says that I cannot appeal the decision. Can I request to reopen? I have a job, was starting this week, but do not know what to do right now.

Thanks for any feedback .

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you have to reapply since your status has changed, maybe someone else will have more info. (status isn't the correct word "situation")

Comment

you apply for adjustment of status and at the same time for employment authorization.
        ...Mistake Recognized is half corrected ...

Comment

Working...
        X