Field Offices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Offices?

I was wondering if anyone knew about assignments of field offices. i.e., are they assigned only within the state the applicant lives, or according to perimeter distance, even if it would cross state lines?

In checking the processing on-line, I usually end up checking two field offices. I am in New Jersey, but distance wise I am actually closer to Philadelphia.

Does anyone have any experience with that.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I was wondering if anyone knew about assignments of field offices. i.e., are they assigned only within the state the applicant lives, or according to perimeter distance, even if it would cross state lines?

In checking the processing on-line, I usually end up checking two field offices. I am in New Jersey, but distance wise I am actually closer to Philadelphia.

Does anyone have any experience with that.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

It is based on geographically assigned area/district as well as perceived work load. These districts does cross state lines.
      One field office can't act on a case that falls under the jurisdiction of another field office, unless there's special exemption. If not mistaken, USCIS did update their procedure to assign cases to the field offices nearest to the applicant, but that's just from my memory.

Comment

Working...
      X