Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't loose hope! I just got approved out of the blue!!!!!! :-)))))

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't loose hope! I just got approved out of the blue!!!!!! :-)))))

Hi guys,

I don't post here often but I have come sometimes for info and questions.

This morning I was in total shock when my lawyer called me to tell me that my case for permanent resident status is approved, as well as my husband, who filed as my spouse.

They even waived the interview!!!

Ok, you're not gonna believe this...You know how the California processing date right now for I-485 is June 15 2002? Well, my date is January 22 2003!!!! So they didn't go by the processing dates and even waived our interview, which is the best result I could hope for!

Here's a little information on my case...

Filed at CSC, employment based EB2, filed jointly.

Filed Labor Cert. in March 2002 and approved a month and a half later.

1st fingerprint: March 2003
    2nd fingerprint: July 28 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd Advance Parole: approved about 3 weeks ago!!!

Everything went so fast in the last month or so! Now I have a new AP for nothing! LOL I don't care!

Just thought I'd share this...it just seems like your case can be approved way before your processing date!

I don't know if the fact that I'm Canadian and husband is Swedish has anything to do with it...

Catherine, permanent resident, as of August 6 2004!!!! Whahoooo!

Hi guys,

I don't post here often but I have come sometimes for info and questions.

This morning I was in total shock when my lawyer called me to tell me that my case for permanent resident status is approved, as well as my husband, who filed as my spouse.

They even waived the interview!!!

Ok, you're not gonna believe this...You know how the California processing date right now for I-485 is June 15 2002? Well, my date is January 22 2003!!!! So they didn't go by the processing dates and even waived our interview, which is the best result I could hope for!

Here's a little information on my case...

Filed at CSC, employment based EB2, filed jointly.

Filed Labor Cert. in March 2002 and approved a month and a half later.

1st fingerprint: March 2003
    2nd fingerprint: July 28 2004!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd Advance Parole: approved about 3 weeks ago!!!

Everything went so fast in the last month or so! Now I have a new AP for nothing! LOL I don't care!

Just thought I'd share this...it just seems like your case can be approved way before your processing date!

I don't know if the fact that I'm Canadian and husband is Swedish has anything to do with it...

Catherine, permanent resident, as of August 6 2004!!!! Whahoooo!

Comment

The fact that you are Canadian and husband is Swedish should have been grounds for denial. But congratulations anyway !

Comment

What an idiotic reply Michael! You don't even offer a reason for this propostrous statement...

The US government should send morrons like you to risk your life in Irak! LOL

You just hate it that we take your good jobs, don't you?!!!

Comment

Niiiiiice!

Congratulations CJ!.

Could this be an example of the "back-log reduction plan"?

Comment

Another congratulatory notes here, enjoy the new freedom

Comment

a LC that takes a month and a half???

don't those take like 4 years or so?

wow. the flood gates on employment based GC's may be opening soon!

congrats either way.

-= nav =-

Comment

lol, poor Michael always gets those answers, I think he is used to it by now, so he is going to try a different strategy.

Catherine, congratulations.

Comment

Thank you Mo, Marmaduk, JohnDoe, Moondin, and INStress! :-)

Mo: I think it could very well be an example of the "back-log reduction plan"... My 2nd AP came really quickly and so did my husband's 2nd Employment Authorization Card, so I think there is definitely a trend here... They are playing catch-up and it's finally moving. :-)

JohnDoe: You're right and I didn't mean to sound as if Canadians and Swedes should get priority over others but let's face it, there is racial profiling, it's inevitable, and I doubt they would treat the security checks the same between a Saudi-Arabian citizen and a British citizen. I'm sure they try their best to remain reasonable but their personal beliefs along with stereotypes may sometimes influence their decisions. Also, I know for a fact that Canadians are viewed as the good neighbor from the North and we are usually well-liked by US Immigration officers; some have told me directly to my face.

Moondin: I've never heard of a Labor Cert. taking 4 years either! My lawyer said mine was approved exceptionally fast but if I remember correctly, it normally takes about 8 months in California. (at least it did when I filed).

INStress: People like Michael bring out the ***** in me, and that ***** isn't pretty!!! LOL

Thank you all and good luck with your applications as well...! I think it's starting to move pretty fast!

Catherine

Comment

Congratulations Catherine
                    I too am Canadian and have a receipt date from 2-13-02 filed in the CSC I and am still waiting, so you were exceptionally lucky I would say. By the way, what do you do for a living? If you are a Nurse I would like to talk to you some more.
                    Again, congratulations I envy you LOL
                    Mairead

Comment

Congratulations!

There are lots of us Canadians around, eh...

ARQU

Comment

wow congratulations!!i hope that will happen to me too..i am an LPR and i am still searching for a sponsor employer for my boyfriend to come here..
                        i figure that if we get married it will not speed up the process of him coming here, it is much faster if he applied for employment based immigrant.so we decided to look for an employer (particularly in the Riverside county, California) kind enough to sponsor him and if GOD's will that will happen we will get married when he comes here..Anyone interested to help me..please help me..it would be highly appreciated..please...
                        Hope i have the same luck as Catherine..

Comment

CSC Cases Now Approved Faster!
                          Posted Aug 13, 2004

Source: murthy.com

To provide a real-world sense of processing times and patterns to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, we have been posting updates on I-485 case approvals received by The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. These times are available on MurthyDotCom. Our impetus for tracking this is the various backlog reduction procedures and changes in processing protocols that have recently gone into effect at the USCIS. When there are changes of this nature it is difficult to predict the affect on actual cases. Therefore, we have been keeping a close eye on the timings of I-485 case approvals to detect any irregularities or particular patterns. We are definitely starting to see changes at the California Service Center (CSC).

Fastest CSC Case to Date:

While we receive I-485 approvals regularly from all USCIS Service Centers, we recently had an unusually fast and pleasant experience with the CSC. On July 27, 2004 we received an approval from the CSC for an I-485 filed in December 2003. This seven-month processing time was remarkable. It was a year and a half faster than their published processing dates and ten months faster than our previous "fastest case." The I-140 had been filed prior to the I-485 (filed concurrently but not simultaneously) and was approved just shortly after the I-485 was filed.

Other Case Approvals the Same Day:

The CSC must have been working hard on July 27, 2004, as we received four other, unrelated approvals with that date. The next fastest case had been filed August 12, 2003, giving it a processing time of slightly less than one year. Here, the I-140 had been approved before the filing of the I-485. The other three approvals on the same date spanned a full year in their filing dates. The slowest one had been filed in January 2002 and the fastest in December 2002. Thus, we are continuing to see random patterns in case adjudications, including some that are moving much more quickly than they had been before and more quickly than the posted USCIS processing times.

Consequences of Unpredictable Processing Times:

All in all, faster processing times are a good sign. There are some possible consequences resulting from faster processing times, however. With more unpredictable and faster processing dates one who is planning to get married after filing the I-485, with the expectation that the spouse will come to the U.S. on H-4 status and then file his/her I-485, should keep in mind that there is no guarantee there will be enough time after filing the I-485 to implement this plan. Further, if the I-140 is not approved until after the approval of the I-485, it is questionable whether AC21 is applicable since the USCIS's current interpretation indicates that the I-140 must be approved and the I-485 must be pending 180 days before the beneficiary is permitted to take advantage of the portability benefits available under AC21.

Conclusion:

It is now more important than ever before to discuss possible options with a qualified immigration attorney either before filing the I-485, or after the filing if there are changes in employment or marital status. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy will continue to observe trends in processing times and make them available to our readers on MurthyDotCom.

Comment

Hi Mairead,

Sorry it too a while... I was in Vegas.

I'm not a nurse, I'm an international business manager in the food industry. I applied as an exporter of food products.

I would think nurses would get it fast, as they need them and don't have enough here.

I wish you the best and hopefully, that darn green card will come for you soon!

Best of luck Shine and thanks Mo for posting this loose explanation. I partially agree with you John Doe but my reasoning in using a lawyer was to make sure I filed the applications correctly and with the best options and also to make sure I got the most appropriate job title. Lawyers have experience and know how to get around the system and use it to our benefit; on the other hand, we don't know the tricks.

Catherine

Comment

I think being Canadian may ease you getting resident status in US.
                              It makes sense because both Countries are very integerated and the same number of nationals migrate cross borders from both Countries.

I think it will be best interest for both countries if they have central immigraton system.

Comment

Working...
                              X