Travel durng pending I 751.Advise please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel durng pending I 751.Advise please

Hi I applied for removal of conditional green card.The case is still pending and since it requires atleast 6-8 months at nebraska service center.I have to go to India next month.i dont have any proof except the NOA paper on which it is said that my application is in the process and it may take 6 months up to 1 year.I have call USCI. one person told me that just that paper saying that my application is pending and and my old green card is sufficient and other person told me that I have to revalidate my green card with sticker.Anyone who has any idea can clarify please.
    Thank you

Hi I applied for removal of conditional green card.The case is still pending and since it requires atleast 6-8 months at nebraska service center.I have to go to India next month.i dont have any proof except the NOA paper on which it is said that my application is in the process and it may take 6 months up to 1 year.I have call USCI. one person told me that just that paper saying that my application is pending and and my old green card is sufficient and other person told me that I have to revalidate my green card with sticker.Anyone who has any idea can clarify please.
    Thank you

Comment

does the NOA you have say something like: "work and travel authorised"?

Comment

I had my case pending for almost three years,I was informed that if I wanted to travel I should go to have my passaport stamped which I did,but opted for not traveling abroad at all.
        If you really need to travel,I'd strongly suggest you to go to your Immigration Office and get a stamp on your Passaport as well.
        LOVE HURTS...

Comment

Thnaks
          NOA said that I can travel during this 1 yr.But I dont have any picture ID and my GC is already expired.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ven:
            NOA said that I can travel during this 1 yr.But I dont have any picture ID and my GC is already expired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you have a passport? NOA extended your GC's expiration date for 1 year, meaning your GC has not expired.

I traveled with NOA, expired GC and passport.

You can ask USCIS local office for the stamp and see what happens. Many offices wan't do it in cases like yours since you have all the papers you need to prove your status...

Comment

Get a driver license or state id if you don't have any picture id, but like aneri said, your passport should suffice.

Comment

Thanks for your advice.i went to INS office.they took my expired GC and put pending 751 stamp in my passport and visa extension for 1 year .
                Is that fine.
                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X