citizenship help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship help

plz can someone tell me how long you have to be in the u.s b/4 aplying for citizenship?

plz can someone tell me how long you have to be in the u.s b/4 aplying for citizenship?

Comment

It depends on whether you got your green card based on employment or marriage.

Employment 5 year

Marriage 3 years

Of course with both I believe you can submit the petitions for citizenship 3 mo early

Comment

*Being* in the US does not confer privilege or eligibility. Having LPR status for 5 years or 3 years, if married to a US citizen, does.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Mobis: I doubt that you will be eligible for citizenship, given your issues with the criminal-justice system. It appears from one of your previous posts that you have been referred to court for domestic violence.

Furthermore, I believe that you are currently a conditional resident. You can apply for citizenship three years, less ninety days, from the date that you were awarded conditional status. However, if you are called for your citizenship interview before your application to remove conditions has been adjudicated, both will be conducted simultaneously. You cannot become a citizen before you are a permanent resident.

In any event, I believe that your court-ordered anger-management classes - as a result of a domestic violence situation - will mean that your application for citizenship will be denied.

Also, aren't you planning your divorce at this very moment?

Comment

You cannot become a citizen before you are a permanent resident.
            This is a little misleading. Conditional permanent residence is LPR.
            The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

No, conditional residence is not LPR. Once the restrictions on residency have been successfully removed, the time spent as a conditional resident is considered to be as a permanent resident.

A person who is a conditional resident cannot become a citizen before being awarded permanent residency status...in other words, until the conditions on residency have been removed.

Comment

I disagree. Conditional residency IS legal permanent residency = LPR. That an alien has a requirement to remove conditions prior to naturalization I agree, but that neither suggests that the residency is not legal nor permanent.

Comment

SunDevil, stop who told you that someone with midsemeanor can be granted citizenship? Well, it all depends on the offence, you heard me. i know i didn't hit my wife, the police didn't even want to arrest me, but commonwealth state sent them back. But let me get back to the subject. when it is punge out, b/4 the end of this year there won't be any problem. that is for sure. i already call an immigration lawyer. A friend of my wife, he told me even with a misdemeanor, there be only a few question ask, B/c misdemean is nothing. Plus i might end up back with my wife. it's just ...the trust is not there anymore. And the only way a man can divorce his wife is when she commits adultry. i might or might not file for divorce. it's up to God.

Comment

Please do any body knows how long it take. i mean i got my green card with in 3 month, how long does citizenship takes?

Comment

If you are married and still living with (not separated) the US citizen wife, you can apply 2 yrs 9 mos after receiving PR. If you are not living with the USC, then it will be 4 yrs 9 mos.

Comment

am talking about the processing time.

Comment

You seem to know all the answers, Mobis...why don't you answer the question yourself?

In any event, the question of domestic violence will be on the agenda the next time you go see the nice people at USCIS. I just hope that they have pepper spray on hand :-)

Comment

SunDevilUSA: Read this INA Sec.216(3)(B)If the service determines that such facts and information are true, the service shall so notify the parties involved and shall remove the conditional basis of the parties effective as of the second anniversary of the alien's obtaining the status of lawful admission for permanent residence.

sappyconifer, you are right he is an LPR, as long as he has entered USA legaly, and married to USC and still married.

All of you must understand that all are learing the Immigration laws here, some of them are experts, who had worked with USG, in the same field for not less then 27 years.
                            SunDevillUSA, he is an Alien Residence also. He is from South Affica.

Comment

summerdevil U.S of assshoooollle,
                              you are not tired of surking diiick on this website. you dirty pig. why can't you leave the question for those that have common sense. and get it right , there is nothing like domestic violence on my record you piece of shiiiit. Ur mom probrable in the club surcking some corrks.
                              Please back to the question. Do any body knows the processing time for citizenship?

Comment

Working...
                              X