Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

Hi to you all,

Does anybody know whether you can file a I-130 form (to bring my wife to the USA)from overseas if I am only a LPR and not US citizen?

I believe that if you are citizen you may file it while you are overseas.

2)once the application is successfully submitted, can she enter the States at least once per year under a visa waiver program (maximum stay of 90 days) if she is a European Union citizen?

If not, can she apply for grad school and come to the USA with a student visa?

Many thanks to everybody

Hi to you all,

Does anybody know whether you can file a I-130 form (to bring my wife to the USA)from overseas if I am only a LPR and not US citizen?

I believe that if you are citizen you may file it while you are overseas.

2)once the application is successfully submitted, can she enter the States at least once per year under a visa waiver program (maximum stay of 90 days) if she is a European Union citizen?

If not, can she apply for grad school and come to the USA with a student visa?

Many thanks to everybody

Comment

Hi World Citizen and welcome back! Long time no see.

May I ask what happened to the I-130 you applied for before? What was the outcome?

Do you now live in the US permanently or do you still live in England most of the time?

Here is the link to one of your other threads that had some answers for you when you said you had already filed for I-130 and wanted to bring wife to visit etc..and the options that were given to you by members here.

Last thread

Here is also the answers to similar question with good answers from another thread of yours:
      Greencardholder to bring alien wife thread

If you are still a resident in the UK but a US Citizen then yes you can apply at the London Embassy but not as a US LPR. To apply there either way you have to meet the requirements of residency and status in England. This is going to be complicated as you are a US GC holder too.

You can apply in the US to sponsor your wife as a LPR but that will take a long time. Sponsoring as a USC spouse is quicker. In your case it might even take longer as you will have to wait longer to become a USC until you have made the quota of actually being in the US as a resident and GC holder before being allowed to naturalize.

Yes your wife can visit the US under the Visa Waiver whilst the I-130 is pending, but there is no guarantee that they will let her enter if there is something that doesn't seem quite right or they think she is here to stay.

Remember they have all your immigration details in their system and information of the last I-130 that you applied for.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

hi there, i am new here and i'm glad that i did join the group. my husband petitioned us (me and our 3 yr old son)aug of last year when he was still a greencardholder or a permanent resident. But his US citizenship application has been aprroved already and he had his oathtaking last sept 10, 2008. what happens to his petition for us? what would he do to upgrade his petition, from permanent petitioner to US citizen petitioner? Because we are told that A US CITIZEN petitioner gets approve much faster> Thanks

Comment

here is some info

"Upgrading a Petition - If You Were an LPR and Now are an American Citizen

If you filed a petition for your spouse when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR), and now you are an U.S. citizen, you must upgrade the petition from family second preference (F2) to immediate relative (IR). You can do this by sending proof of your citizenship to the National Visa Center (NVC). To prove that you are a U.S. citizen, you can send:

A copy of the biodata page of your U.S. passport; or
          A copy of your certificate of naturalization

If you are now a U.S. citizen, you must file separate immigrant visa petitions for each of your children. If you upgrade a family second preference (F2) petition for your spouse and you did not file separate petitions for your children when you were a lawful permanent resident (LPR), you must do so now. A child does not have derivative status in an immediate relative (IR) petition. This is different from the family second preference (F2) petition. A child is included in his/her parent's F2 petition. A child is not included in his/her parent's IR petition."

http://travel.state.gov/

Comment

Working...
          X