Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is I-765 the right form for a eda renewal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is I-765 the right form for a eda renewal?

Hi, Is I-765 the right form for a work permit renewal? Should I send it to the local office?Thank you. Also is it true that if someone goes to the INS office and wait in line, can get a work permit in the same day? Thanks again.

Hi, Is I-765 the right form for a work permit renewal? Should I send it to the local office?Thank you. Also is it true that if someone goes to the INS office and wait in line, can get a work permit in the same day? Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, you complete the I-765 for an extension of your EAD. Make sure you tick off the "renewal" box and you complete information about your previous EAD. As to the local procedures, I am not aware of any local office who will process EADs on the same day. I do know some offices will allow you to obtain an EAD in person only if more than 90 days have passed (or other time indicated on the receipt notice). Some local offices do not do anything at all. We usually advise our clients to begin preparing EAD extensions at least 4 to 5 months in advance of expiration.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X