I131 additional documents request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I131 additional documents request

Today I've found out that after almost 1,5 years of processing INS sent back my application requesting additional documents. I can not wait to see what exactly they need, but did anybody have received such notice for I131 travel document additional docs? Does it mean that it will take additional zillion years for INS to actually do some work one they recieve documents they request? Or no matter what you send to them they reject an application? Thanks for any info in advance.

Today I've found out that after almost 1,5 years of processing INS sent back my application requesting additional documents. I can not wait to see what exactly they need, but did anybody have received such notice for I131 travel document additional docs? Does it mean that it will take additional zillion years for INS to actually do some work one they recieve documents they request? Or no matter what you send to them they reject an application? Thanks for any info in advance.

Comment

I have heard that many people are getting requests for photographs (despite having submitted them).

Comment

Thank you for your response. I hope it's nothing major. Do you know how long those people had been waiting for the document after they send those "additional documents" back to INS.

Comment

I know a person who submitted the additional evidence requested at the end of February, 2004 and got the travel document about two weeks later. They had already been waiting about 18 months when the request arrived.

Comment

Again, you people fail to realize the volume of applications processed versus the number of officers to do the work. A big district like Miami will see anywhere from 1500 - 2000 applications a month (that's NEW applications)....EVERY MONTH. There may be anywhere from 5 - 10 (10 is really pushing it) working on advance paroles. You do the math. Again, urge Congress to authorize additional PERMANENT officer positions for CIS. All new employee slots must be authorized by Congress. CIS can fill existing slots but authorizing new slots has to be done by Congress. Congress keeps authorizing term officer positions (a temporary appointment not to exceed 5 years). Most people are not interested in these positions so they stay vacant.

Comment

Bronzelady, I think its a miracle as much gets processed as does. Nonetheless, it is frustrating for those involved.

Comment

Working...
              X