No announcement yet.

Don't know what to please!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't know what to please!

    My fiance currently lives in Canada and is a Canadian Citizen. We have been dating for two years and he will be moving down here in a little bit more than a year, and I was wondering what the easiest way to get him down here was. We considered filing the Fiance Visa before he is to move down, but the I-485 seems like it takes forever to process and there are several other complicated forms involved. We are considering marrying soon (in a couple of months) so I can file an I-130 and the Biographical Data Sheets on his behalf. I was told by BCIS that this would tae approximately 10 months to process. At that time he would be able to move down here and work immediately. Is this true? Are there any disadvantages of this process? How about travel restrictions, as we travel back and forth quite often to visit each other. Also, what is the alien registration number asked for on all the forms, and how does he get one?

  • #2
    Maria, why wouldn't you contact US-Canadian Immigration attorney to help you best way to solve this issue?
    Shari Moedel(I may have spelled wrong) is the attorney who has offices both in NYC and in Canada.

    Also, why can't your fiancee just come and visit you whenever he wants to?
    I thought Canadian Citizens can do so without VISA.
    The only thing is that he has to travel back and forth and can't get EAD while here.
    He must also inform the the Customs and Immigration officials at the time he crosses the border that he will be visiting his fiancee (or else they might accuse him of false intent and deny adj. of status in future).
    But again your best bet is to do it through attorney.
    It is better to be safe than sorry.

    Good luck


    • #3
      Thanks so much for the advice!