Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada work visa for america

Hi,
    I've been waiting for my boyfriend to get his work visa for over two and a half months. Is this normal for a Canadian citizen wanting to work in America, or am I right in thinking his lawyer is either lazy, incompetent or both.

Also...I thought you had to send all the paperwork in. He seems to think he purchases an airline ticket without and govt. OK, and then presents all of his paperwork when he tries to leave the country. Is this right? AND... are there reasons he would choose to leave out of driving from the country instead of flying? Also, does he have to have a return ticket, and does it matter to the immigration agents that he has a girlfriend in American and that a motivation to work there?

Please help. This seems counter intuitive...and has already wrecked our plans to have him back for the holidays.

Thank you,
    Michelle

Hi,
    I've been waiting for my boyfriend to get his work visa for over two and a half months. Is this normal for a Canadian citizen wanting to work in America, or am I right in thinking his lawyer is either lazy, incompetent or both.

Also...I thought you had to send all the paperwork in. He seems to think he purchases an airline ticket without and govt. OK, and then presents all of his paperwork when he tries to leave the country. Is this right? AND... are there reasons he would choose to leave out of driving from the country instead of flying? Also, does he have to have a return ticket, and does it matter to the immigration agents that he has a girlfriend in American and that a motivation to work there?

Please help. This seems counter intuitive...and has already wrecked our plans to have him back for the holidays.

Thank you,
    Michelle

Comment

Which work visa?

Comment

Mimi27: You say that your boyfriend has applied, or will apply, for a work visa...and then you ask whether it will "matter to the immigration agents that he has a girlfriend in America and a motivation to work" here?"

That doesn't make sense. If he's applying for a work visa, it presupposes that he is motivated to work here.

Under what basis is he applying for a work visa? This sounds strange.

Comment

Working...
        X