Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

k3/k4 and work permit and extension(urgent)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k3/k4 and work permit and extension(urgent)

Hi:

If one is in US on k3/k4 non-immigrant visa. Can he apply for work permit without filing I-485 or filing I-485 is a condition for obtaining work permit. In other words, can the original I-130 be the basis for filing work permit.

Secondly, if the non-immigrant k3/k4 visa expires before the original I-130 is approved, can this k3/k4 visa be extended or he/she will have to leave the united states.

Please respond any one. It is urgent.

Thankyou.

Hi:

If one is in US on k3/k4 non-immigrant visa. Can he apply for work permit without filing I-485 or filing I-485 is a condition for obtaining work permit. In other words, can the original I-130 be the basis for filing work permit.

Secondly, if the non-immigrant k3/k4 visa expires before the original I-130 is approved, can this k3/k4 visa be extended or he/she will have to leave the united states.

Please respond any one. It is urgent.

Thankyou.

Comment

Can some answer please??????

Comment

There is no one who knows the answer to my question.?????????????????

Comment

can some one reply please????????????

Comment

Here's a link to more info and it has additional links to the info that you need. You need to apply for AOS, you don't wait on the I-130 to be approved. You can submit the application for work permit with the AOS package. http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffa...life081401.htm

Comment

any other suggestion please????????????

Comment

No, the pending I-130 is not sufficient to apply for work permit. The visa expiration is the last day one can enter. The I-94 expiration is the last day one can leave. One needs to put in AOS app. before that day. At that point status becomes AOS applicant.

Comment

Working...
                X