Change of Address on a Pending case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Address on a Pending case

Does anybody know if we can Change of Address online for a pending case if I have a receipt number/ or do I have to do that by calling the USCIS 1-800 number?
    I'm not talking about AR-11 I'm talking about a case pending at local office so we can recieve a respone for our pending case.
    Thanks to all.

Does anybody know if we can Change of Address online for a pending case if I have a receipt number/ or do I have to do that by calling the USCIS 1-800 number?
    I'm not talking about AR-11 I'm talking about a case pending at local office so we can recieve a respone for our pending case.
    Thanks to all.

Comment

Hi Pattal,

Try going here

Good luck!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattal:
        Does anybody know if we can Change of Address online for a pending case if I have a receipt number?.....
        .......I'm talking about a case pending at local office so we can recieve a respone for our pending case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        That's what AR-11 suppose to do.

Comment

Guys Don't give a wrong advice if you don't know!!

Filling Form AR-11 will never change your address if you have a pending case at district or local USCIS office it's just change your address for a green card holder requirement.

For a pending caese there is a differnet form or way to change your address may be some other people went through that can help you?
          But don't count on AR-11 you will never receive any mail from USCIS for your pending case(s).

Comment

well, some years back when I had a pending case and moved that's the form I used. And, from that time on, I got the correspondence mailed to my new address.
            AR-11 is not only for GC holders.
            But I agree, to make it safe, maybe Pattal can make infopass appointment and go to his local office and change the address there.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
              Hi Pattal,

Try going here

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's another option - Change of Address Online. Very few people use this facility. It's very convenient, paperless, and fast.

Please note that the "first stage" is the change of address itself, while the "second stage" must be done if the applicant has a "pending case."

Comment

Thank you Rough Neighbor,
                Can I just do the second stage without doing the first stage.
                I only want to change the address on one receipt number.

Comment

I don't think that the online system will allow you to do that. But there's a way around your concern that I can see. Make the change also in the first stage but make it temporary (there's an option there). And when your pending case has been resolved, you change back to your original address. But it's up to you to discern if such a hassle is all worth it in your situation.

Comment

Hi to all,

I have a pending case and I changed my address temporary by phone to the 800 number and I also opened an account online.
                    I have also received a letter from USCIS confirming that they have received my change of address, and they have up dated the change of address in the systems and on my application or petition form. They precised that I have to inform them if I change again in the future. I hope that my case is not going to stay pending in the meantime, because I did it to make sure that I will receive any information in time.

Nice day to all.

Comment

Working...
                    X