Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it really necessary to include a "letter of intention to marry" w/ K-1 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it really necessary to include a "letter of intention to marry" w/ K-1 ?

hi everyone

should we also include a "letter of intention to marry" with the K-1 visa petition? I wrote one explaining our intentions, but my fiance sent me a copy of his by fax. will they still accept a photocopy of it or will they really want an original copy? thanks to all for any response. I'am US citizen and he is Turkish so we will be dealing with the Ankara consulate.

hi everyone

should we also include a "letter of intention to marry" with the K-1 visa petition? I wrote one explaining our intentions, but my fiance sent me a copy of his by fax. will they still accept a photocopy of it or will they really want an original copy? thanks to all for any response. I'am US citizen and he is Turkish so we will be dealing with the Ankara consulate.

Comment

5 b under the instructions with the I-129f it says that you must provide a letter of intent to marry, etc. etc., one from self and one from fiancee.

Comment

And under 2E of the instructions, is states "Copies. If these instructions state that a copy of a document may be filed with this petition and you choose to send us the original, INS will keep that original for our
        records. If INS requires the original, we will request it."

From that, I would deduce that the fax copy would be acceptable, and if not, USCIS will ask for the original.

Comment

Working...
        X