Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigraiton Law Question: help bring son

I JUST IMMIGRATED TO USA AS A GREEN CARD HOLDER ,HOW CAN I BRING MY 16YRS SON VERY FAST....I WAS TOLD THAT HE CAN COME WITH ME SINCE HE IS UNDER 18.....BUT WHEN I CALLED IMMGRATION ...WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL TAKE YEARS TO MY SON ....HELP I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY SON ....THANK SO MUCH
    AND HOW SOON WILL IT TAKE TO BRING HIM AND WHAT FORMS I NEED .THANKS

I JUST IMMIGRATED TO USA AS A GREEN CARD HOLDER ,HOW CAN I BRING MY 16YRS SON VERY FAST....I WAS TOLD THAT HE CAN COME WITH ME SINCE HE IS UNDER 18.....BUT WHEN I CALLED IMMGRATION ...WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL TAKE YEARS TO MY SON ....HELP I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY SON ....THANK SO MUCH
    AND HOW SOON WILL IT TAKE TO BRING HIM AND WHAT FORMS I NEED .THANKS

Comment

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

It would be helpful to know on which basis you obtained your green card...and this will help us to answer your question more accurately.

A sentence has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

If, as you were apparently advised by USCIS, it will take many years for your son to immigrate - you can't live without him - then you can always return to your country of origin.

A sentence has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

my visa was based on my older son ..who is a citizen.....all i want to know how long will it take to bring my 16yr old son ..thanks

Comment

You need to file an I-130 with the USCIS.

Currently, the wait time before his priority date would become current is 2 1/2 to 3 years.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Hi olodo,
              I would like to suggest you that,take help from visa and immigration experts.They will solve your problem immediately.

Good luck!!!!

The post has been deleted by the administrator for violating the discussion board rules.

Comment

And the rest of us would suggest that if you need assistance, you contact a reputable immigration attorney in your area, not a company like the one above.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Comment

Its better to ask an assistance to an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue so that you will know what do to about your problem. And also ask to the embassy or to the immigration office near your for the support information in your problem.

Comment

Your U.S. citizen son can sponsor his brother to immigrate to America...just like he sponsored your immigration.

You are your U.S. citizen son's immediate relative, which made the process relatively quick and painless.

For immigration purposes, your younger son is NOT his U.S. citizen brother's immediate relative...so the process is more complicated and will take much longer.

I am just amazed that you don't know this already...you didn't ask these questions before you immigrated?

I am also somewhat surprised that you would leave a minor child behind in your country of origin (but this does seem fairly normal, despite all of the bellyaching we hear about how non-Americans are supposedly more family-oriented than Americans - I guess there's another myth busted).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation